Jackson Custom Shop - Wait time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop - Wait time?

Do any of you know the current wait time for a Jackson Custom Shop?

I just placed an order last week, I actually went in and signed the final work order request that was sent to the dealer by Jackson. Do you guys know how long it should take to be built and sent to the dealer?
    Last edited by mike.inc; 09-20-2011, 10:31 AM.

Apparently anywhere between 14 months to two years.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I talked to Steve at CMC Guitars the other day and he said Custom Shop time starts from ten months to a year, apparently they have been speeding up the Custom Shop Line and making it more efficient. But this is just starting so it could take longer.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking about a year. But dreading any longer, 14 months would suck, but i could handle it, 2 years and shit, that would suck. lol But either way it'll be worth the wait.

Comment

what did you order, dude?

Comment

Originally posted by lkgwarrior View Post
            what did you order, dude?
            Yeah, post the spec sheet!
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Here it is:

I know most of you are going to ask about why I didn't go with binding on the neck/headtsock. This was a difficult decision for me. First and for most the guitar had to be all snow white with an old school headstock, sharkfin inlays and a fixed bridge. Now to me, IMO, the binding whether it be cream or even white doesn't flow on a white guitar. It's a must on any other color but not on white - IMO. I used to have a KV2T in snow white with cream binding and seen quit a few white guitars from Jackson and other manufacturers that were white with white binding and I just didn't dig it. It's a pretty straight forward (basic in a sense coming from a custom shop) design. But I'm dying for it to be build and arrive!

One day I do want one almost the same as above but with a maple neck (unpainted) with a maple body, flame maple top in the "natural" finish (matching headstock, with cream binding. All my Jackson's must have the old headstock and the shark fin inlays.

Comment

How long did it take to get the work order after paying your first deposit?

Comment

It took about 2 months of going back and forth, they kept missing something on the spec sheet or I'd notice an error and ask them to fix one line and they screwed up the another line lol. It was horrible actually. But it's good now!
                  Last edited by mike.inc; 09-20-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X