Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant decide which Id be more comfortable with in the long run....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant decide which Id be more comfortable with in the long run....

Trans Green or Trans Blue SL2H? Or stick to black or GF finishes? I like both, but have never stuck with a bright colored guitar for very long. I definitely hold true to the metal cliche of black for the most part. Sure, I do have a white guitar and the blue/green gravure Kelly, but the white ones special and the Kelly, while its not black, its not as brilliant colored as the trans finish Sl2Hs. I really like the trans green and blue finish, especially with the matching headstock, but Im worried Id grow disgusted with the brilliance after a while, and the chrome hardware really does nothing for me either, but that can be remedied.

Anyone else find them selves in this conundrum before? What did you end up doing? I know it seems I should just go with my gut, but I really like the trans green and blue, at least looking at pics I like it, but for how long after I own one would I like it is what Im worried about. Im afraid Id be struck by the beauty but end up with buyers remorse after my eyes recover from the brilliance and beauty of the finish. Damn do they look good, especially the green, but I just dont know if Id be happy with my choice in the long run. Anyone??
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Trans green is the first step towards the dark side. Before you know it, you'll be playing Octofuck, Cockdragon and Space-(what did we decide to call it again?) graphic guitars on stage!

Comment

Shit, they're not that bright. Compared to all the neon colours I grew up with (and loved and still do) trans blue or green is pretty sedate. I love both so I say forget both and commision a Lust in space cockdragon octofuck collage with ELVIS in red LEDs up the fretboard from the custom shop. You wont regret it. I have three.
      All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Black will never loose its metal as fuck look but 10 years from now trans shit colors will be like d neon shit you remember guitarist like CC Deville played etc. Just my thoughts. Unless its a classic burst like on a LP

Comment

Not a big fan of the trans/chrome look but they do have their place I guess.

It might be in a Britny Fox tribute band or something, but yes, they do have their place.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Curious, have you seen a trans green or trans blue in person? Or just in pictures? Reason I ask is a lot of pics of these finishes that you see are taken in direct sunlight or with a flash, which helps bring out the flame/quilt top along with the colors. In person, under normal lighting, I don't think the colors are as bright as you think they are. Obviosuly they are not black but they are definitely not as bright as neon colors either. I have a trans blue quilt top kelly and the color is pretty deep blue. But if I take it outside, the color really brightens up. I'd be curious to hear from other who have these trans finishes. That might help your decision.

Comment

I bought a trans black Soloist and put black hardware on it. I wished it was black. Sure, black guitars are "boring" and "cliche" to some people but really, is a pearl purple jizz paint job going to make your playing more exciting? I don't think so.

In other words, and I mean this in general and not specific to you, Twitch... If you're playing a black guitar and you feel it's boring and cliche, it's probably your playing.

Comment

I love the trans finishes, but I'm not too keen on the chrome hardware. I reckon they'd look great with black hardware.

If I was looking into getting a USA Soloist, I'd probably go with the trans blue. I find black to be dull, I don't like that the other plain colours don't have matching headstocks, and I'm not a fan of graphic finishes. That leaves the trans finishes!

If they got their act together and put a matching headstock on the white finish, I'd be all over it.
                I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Twitch, I kid you not, my trans blue SLS looks almost black in most lighting. Like Johnnyryche said, the flash or sunlight really brings out the flame in the pictures.
                  That said, if you find it hard to choose between classic black and the trans blue/green, why not meet in the middle and get trans black?
                  My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

I love both, the trans and chrome look is awesome. Sometimes I wish I got the Trans blue instead of my Natural, but I still love that guitar. I say, save up and get both !

Comment

I'm the same way, I stick to black but also love all white with a matching headstock. What about a natural finish, still a nice finish but not as in your face? Or if you go between the green & blue, green's more metal, reminds me of the Dime- slim guitars, but the Jackson finish is better IMO

Comment

Yeah like mentioned above the Trans Black's are beautiful guitars, still metal looking!

Comment

I'm a big fan of trans blue flame maple, as that's my RR1T's (my favorite guitar) finish. It is quite dark under normal lighting. Under bright lighting conditions (sunlight or spotlight) the flame REALLY pops out.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

[QUOTE]Before you know it, you'll be playing Octofuck, Cockdragon and Space-(what did we decide to call it again?) QUOTE]

pollictically correct ~octolove,dragonwilly and spacepassion ~
                            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

the trans finishes are frickin awesome!!!! especially with chrome!!! the contrast is great. trans blue is the darkest of them all I think.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X