What makes an XTRR "XT"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vass View Post
    We gotta strap one on you, Ron. Would look like a necklace.

Lol, Yeah a Mack Truck looks tiny next to Ron.

All of them are cool, but the full shape RR1 is tops to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      We gotta strap one on you, Ron. Would look like a necklace.
      "I don't know what you're talking about!"

ronminiv.jpg
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        That's what I was told originally, but that's not really the case. Perhaps that applies to the top wing of the current XTRR body, but the bottom wing definitely doesn't fit that. Here's a pic of 4 XTRRs with a Rhoads, but there's something of an optical illusion because the two guitars on the right have rev heads (so they hang differently) and the guitar on the left is short scale...

Hmmm. Maybe it was Dan's Dinky Rhoads guitars that I'm thinking of that just got the bevels cut off and then re-beveled?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Hmmm. Maybe it was Dan's Dinky Rhoads guitars that I'm thinking of that just got the bevels cut off and then re-beveled?
          well, that's what I was told Shannon said when I was ordering the TMNT guitar. But I just don't think the lines work for that to be true about the lower wing..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I can definitely see the difference between the purple XTRR and the black and silver flame RR.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

LOOK REAL CLOSE! Count the frets! If I'm not mistaken the XTRR has 24 glorious frets! RR1 only 22? It's why I no longer have an RR1, but I would KILL for a XTRR!

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
                LOOK REAL CLOSE! Count the frets! If I'm not mistaken the XTRR has 24 glorious frets! RR1 only 22? It's why I no longer have an RR1, but I would KILL for a XTRR!
                Nope, the XTRR only has 22 frets, also.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Just as with anything Jackson, it's just a dinky sized Rhoads. The profile/shape changes from build to build a little... the exception probably being the production runs they did for a couple years. Most XTRR's are custom shop guitars and everything from bevels to neck backshapes are different on each one produced.

That was half the fun of buying used USA and custom shop guitars... You never really knew how the neck would play until you played it...
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

This is one rhoads I've always wanted too. Never can seem to find a production model for sale.

Always liked em. Also what would a v look like with 2 short wings of a rhoads. Lol.hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Similar to how Dan Spitz of Anthrax had his made smaller
                      Hmm, DS body with 24 3/4th scale neck " Fusion Rhoads
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                      X