Serial number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial number help

I just got a HSS Dinky with a San Dimas plate and am trying to find the mfg date. SN is 66XX.
    ....this one goes to eleven.

Sometime between 1987 and 1989.
    The only way to know for sure is to check the date in the neck pocket or trem cavity.
    -Rick

Comment

I just pulled the neck and it says 7/88 on the neck pocket of the body. The neck has a SN that does not match the neckplate. Does this mean the neck is not original? And, there is no "Jackson" brand on neck where the neck touches the body. is this unusual?

Comment

the number in the pocket is a work order number, this is not the serial number so it wont match, see if you can find the work order number on the body (in the neck pocket, trem route etc.) and see if it matches the neck

and it is not unusual to have no "jackson" brand on the heel of the neck, its already on the headstock!

sounds like it was finished in Ontario July '88

Comment

Usually, the serial isn't marked neither of body and neck on bolt-ons. The numbers you are looking would probably be 'work order' which is like a number of order for that guitar. Those numbers and serial numbers do not match up. So don't worry..

Comment

Thanks for allaying my fears of being ripped off.

Comment

Working...
            X