picked up a "new" guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up a "new" guitar

Actually probably 23 years old. She's I beleive 88 production. Is an H S configuration bolt on strat body. It's a dark purple that looks black in all but the brightest light. metal flake visible in teh sun. Also what I thought was a black headstock is actually matching purple metal flake. The neck is rosewood and is bound as well. It's bee a while since I specked out this era of guitar, it's ontario routed but has a san dimas plate. ser# is 6922 Pickups are (i believe) stacked single in neck pos, jackson covered humbucker in bridge (j80?) Not a very powerful pickup, have a duncan from Rhoads I put emg's in a couple years ago that will go in probably. Has that "Jackson" branded floyd rose clone, with the pop in handle. What was that called, the jt6 or something? nice shape, a couple dings in paint and some pickscratch dulling of he paint below the strings by the knob, but excellent action and frets on a bound neck. Plays great and sounds good. any tricks to this trem? seems like it doesn't hold tune or I got it with brand new unstretched strings, would have to tune up a bunch. What did I get here?

P.s. I am an old school member but that was at the old jcf. I was Charvel Pointy Head but with 3 kids since then, have not been to the forum and had to re-register here at this new one. Are all the old guys gone? is NewC still around? How about Tim Rose or Tracy?
Working...
X