Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to ID this USA

Got a lead on a USA with this serial #J1678

Can't seem to find any information on it as the guy who contacted me is still waiting to get back to me.

Believe that it would be have built early to mid '86 in the San Dimas factory

do you know what body type it is? or anything alse apart from the ser#?

Could be anything

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
      Believe that it would be have built early to mid '86 in the San Dimas factory

do you know what body type it is? or anything alse apart from the ser#?

Could be anything
      Soloist body

Comment

'86 soloist

Comment

Was hoping more so for the woods and what versino of the Kahler. The owner got it in trade for some work he did in 1988 and doesn't remember anything about it.

Comment

Could be anything. You need to get pics.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron - it's a soloist, H-S-S, 3 mini toggles, kahler, ebony etc etc. Only want to make sure it's not an anomaly in terms of woods or something. I'm still not sure - it's got a kahler (lol)

Comment

Body wood is most likely to be Poplar or Alder, although it could be anything
                Neck is most likely maple, could be a 1 piece neck or a scarf joint neck, i would say too late to be a 3-piece
                Kahler is most likely to be a 2320 (Brass Cam and rollers) or 2300 (steel cam and rollers), unless it is a 2500 fulcrum type, but these are really rare

Only way to know for sure is to get a copy of the work order, which arent freely available, unless you track down someone who owned it prior the current owner who aquired it in 1988

you may be able to identlfy the wood from pics, and you should be able to identlfy the kahler from pics

Comment

Got some pics. Dimarzio bridge since the Jackson one went microphonic. Kahler (can't tell which) and kahler locking nut. Gun metal gray paint job.

Comment

If the rollers on the kahler are silver then they are steel, and brass ones will look like brass, sometimes the plating on the cam will wear and you will be able to see the metal below it to identify, from the picture to me the rollers seem dull silver so could be steel, so to me it looks like a 2300 or 2315 (steel rollers/brass cam)

Guitar looks pretty clean to me, pity its HSS and not HH, but still cool!

Comment

It looks like a 1/4 pounder in the middle position too. I'd rock it. Looks nice
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                        pity its HSS and not HH, but still cool!
                        HSS is what djp is looking for.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X