wiring diagram + 'tone'pot for jackson fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring diagram + 'tone'pot for jackson fusion

my jackson fusion usa, serial # 134 (grey-black snakeprint, original floyd) has a problem with the tone pot (which is not a regular tone pot with works as a kind of filter/wah-effect).
    it has a heavy point and creaks, so i want to replace it, preferably with the original type of pot.
    does anyone have a diagram, or do you know to whom i should write to, to get the daigram and a new pot
    i have been trying to get the pot through several guitar shops in the netherlands, but sofar without succes.
    i really love this workhorse guitar, and i use it all the time, so it would be nice to have fully operational with the tone/filter circuit again.
    thank you for your help
    willem (aka parkerfan)
    (yes, i also love parker fly's, sorry !)

If it is a JE-1500 in those you can find the diagram at Henrik's site...

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/in...8Page20_21.jpg
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

looks like it, but i am not sure

this looks like it, but i'm not sure before i open it up again (which will not be today again)
      thanks sofar for the link !

Comment

Spray the inside with some electronics cleaner and work it back and forth that should fix the problem.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Spray the inside with some electronics cleaner and work it back and forth that should fix the problem.
          that was the first thing i tried, straycat
          alas, without succes
          the pot is probably - due to heavy and prolonged usage, after all it is an '80's axe - just past it's lifecycle and needs replacement

but thanks for the advise !

Comment

is it the tone pot that's bad? or the volume pot that is attached to the circuit board thing???
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the actual "tone" pot. You can use a 25K ohm pot or even a 250K ohm pot, it will work in that circuit.
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

According to the wiring diagram is a duel (sic) 50k linear pot. (non audio taper)

To spray it with cleaner you'd have to make sure you hit both ganged pots. Blowing clener up the shaft will likely only affect the top one of the two.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X