Case for a '98 Sl1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case for a '98 Sl1

This may be a ridiculous question, but would anyone know which of these actually belongs to a '98 SL1? The only with the print on it is what it arrived in, but I have the other molded Jackson case in the pic which I've been using for my Charvel Model 6 that may suit the year better (silly historical purposes). They're both of the same crappy quality...

Now that I think of it, maybe I really don't care. The molded Jackson case just seems cool.

Comment

They're both made by SKB. Mid level cases. You can buy unbranded ones for less than $100.
      But the 98 most likely came in a case like the one on the left.

Me. I use whatever case the guitar came in or whatever I can fit it on.
      -Rick

Comment

Thanks Rick. I agree. They're both run of the mill cases, nothing special. I also had some difficulty fitting the model 6 into the one on the left due to the fact that it doesn't have a recessed trem.

Rgds,
        Paul

Comment

Disregarding exotic shapes, the one on the left can be molded for either the Dinky/Soloist or the strat. Usually it is the former. I can sometimes tell by having a look at the interior. I've never seen the right molded for anything other than Dinky/Soloist, but take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Make sure the Model 6 body isn't being supported by the neck. And the case isn't putting pressure on the neck either. The neck angle stops me from putting the Model 6 in my soloist cases for that reason.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
            X