Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR1 with EMGs?

I've been curiously eying this Snow White WR1 on eBay,

and was wondering if and when WR1s came stock with EMGs, or if this came from a specially-ordered batch or something. Thanks for the info.

I thought only the USA DK1 came stock with emg's. The Wr1 usually comes with an invader and a full shred. Ask the seller if its a small batch run or after market .

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      I've been curiously eying this Snow White WR1 on eBay,

and was wondering if and when WR1s came stock with EMGs, or if this came from a specially-ordered batch or something. Thanks for the info.
      I've seen them first at the American Music Supply's online store a couple of years ago as a limited supply batch, then afterwards a couple of other dealers carried them with higher price tags. And according to one of the dealers, they claim this special release warriors obtain wider necks similar to the soloist's instead of the common WR1 speed-necks!

I myself debated to get one a while ago, but then again I already had (and still have) two WRMGs with EMGs (Which I also like btw), so I opted out for the real WR1s in the color options I prefer; Gun Metal Gray and Agnet Orange which suppose to arrive tomorrow at one point... (Very anxious ).
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
        I've seen them first at the American Music Supply's online store a couple of years ago as a limited supply batch, then afterwards a couple of other dealers carried them with higher price tags. And according to one of the dealers, they claim this special release warriors obtain wider necks similar to the soloist's instead of the common WR1 speed-necks!

I myself debated to get one a while ago, but then again I already had (and still have) two WRMGs with EMGs (Which I also like btw), so I opted out for the real WR1s in the color options I prefer; Gun Metal Gray and Agnet Orange which suppose to arrive tomorrow at one point... (Very anxious ).
        So it looks like a good deal, then? I think I'll contact the seller for more history/pics if so.

Out of curiosity, did AMS have the EMG'd WR1s in finishes other than SW?

Comment

^ AMS had those guitars in black with white pinstripes, and white ones with black pinstripes. They still have one left that has been sitting there for sometime under the scratch and dent category:

I also advice to get more info on this specialty batch before the purchase, as I recall, some of the customers had witnessed some cosmetic problems in the finishes. Goodluck.

Comment

Oh I cannot wait to see the new Warrior man!

Comment

Originally posted by church2224 View Post
              Oh I cannot wait to see the new Warrior man!
              Me too bud, the anxiety is killing me...

Comment

And according to one of the dealers, they claim this special release warriors obtain wider necks similar to the soloist's instead of the common WR1 speed-necks!

This I cannot imagine. The neck on the one I had a while back was wide enough, and just can't see it getting any wider.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  This I cannot imagine. The neck on the one I had a while back was wide enough, and just can't see it getting any wider.
                  Excuse my terminology here, what I meant by "wider" is actually fatter, my bad...

I don't have a soloist laying around to compare my WR1 with, so I don't know how exactly fatter feels here, however I have a bunch of Japanese Jacksons around, and I can tell the obvious difference.

Here is the exact quote from the dealer:
                  "This is a Jackson USA Small Batch Select Series WR1 Warrior Black with White Double Pinstripes Electric Guitar. This is not a Jackson Custom Shop Guitar but this Warrior is part of a small batch of USA Select guitars. Instead of Duncan Pickups this guitar is stocked with the EMG 81 and EMG 85 Pickups. In addition this guitar has a the slightly fatter standard Jackson Soloist neck. This Warrior is available in two colors White with Black Double Pinstripes and Black with White Double Pinstripes. Unmistakable look, unbelievable sound. Alder body, quartersawn eastern hard rock maple neck (through body), compound radius ebony fingerboard, Seymour Duncan® humbucking pickups, Floyd Rose® Original™ tremolo and black hardware and this killer finish."

Comment

Ah ok, that may be cool, because the thinner neck profile and 25.5" scale adds to the illusion of more width, just as the shorter scale of the Warrior Pro makes it feel like a narrow nut.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There was also a small batch of Kellys with EMGs and black and white with double pinstripes. Don't about the change on the Speed Neck...

Comment

That's a hot looking guitar. Buy it!

Comment

Well, thanks for the great info guys! Just bought a VHT 4x12 so I can't really justify buying this guy right now. Besides, I think it's better to wait a year or two and buy what I really want, a Nebula WR1.

Comment

Yeah, man

107-0791_IMG.jpg
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

^
                              sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X