Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: 1986 Jackson Soloist San Dimas (J2039)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    86 would mean made in Ontario Ca.
    J2800 was the first Ontario n/t

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
    According to the Jackson Serial # chart online 1986 was the last year they made them in SD before moving to Ontario. I think...
    See above
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Love it.. I also have an '86 and it plays PHENOMENAL! Best neck period for Jackson I think..
      John 3:16

Comment

Awesome color! Sorry about the Kahler...
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Tuck Foejam! Kahlers are ok.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Awesome color! Sorry about the Kahler...
            So true...
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
              Tuck Foejam! Kahlers are ok.
              I'd rather have a Washburn Wonderbar... but those things are an eyesore, too!
              Had a friend in the '80s who had a few guitars with Kahlers, and I never could stand playing those things.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

wonderbar always make me think wonderbra, heh.
                I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

That is indeed a beautiful color! Reminds me of fender's lake placid or gibson's Pelham blue. Very classic. I happen to be a kahler fanatic and won't even touch a Floyd equipped axe. Sorry Floyd fans but the kahlers have been my fave since the late 80's. Once I got the hang of the kahler pro there was no turnin' back. I even have a Gibson LP custom silverburst that's kahler equipped which is the reason I bought it. Great score and enjoy a perfect piece of art!!

Comment

Just curious - how easy/hard is it to get a tech to put on an OFR nut on the guitar? Asking because the kahler nut prevents access to the truss rod and I don't like having to remove strings to get access to the truss rod. Also I believe the OFR nut is supposedly better than the kahler one ... or so the internet has led me to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                      Just curious - how easy/hard is it to get a tech to put on an OFR nut on the guitar? Asking because the kahler nut prevents access to the truss rod and I don't like having to remove strings to get access to the truss rod. Also I believe the OFR nut is supposedly better than the kahler one ... or so the internet has led me to believe.
                      A proper Luthier can do it easy. I had Mike Learn put a Floyd nut on my Model 5 Charvel that originally had Jackson's behind the nut lock and the floyd shelf looks factory. Thats after a refinish though.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

great blue!!!!

what color is that pickup cover??? like a seafoam green?
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Very cool!

The weak link to those Kahlers is the behind the nut locking, since tuning problems occur because of strings getting hung up at the nut. Replace with a Floyd nut, and you should be set (as long as you can live with the light tremolo feel, and heavyness of the guitar due to less wood carved out than a Floyd route)!
                          '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
                          '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
                          '98 PRS Custom 22
                          '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

I've had Kahlers on guitars since the 80's. They work smoothly and I don't run into tuning issues even with a behind the nut lock. My guess is most people read on the internet about the Kahler then when they finally own one themselves for the first time you hear the reaction such here. Its usually one of pleasant surprise
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

love the color and have no problems with kahler's ...
                              plus its a unqique piece....first soloist out of ontario!!
                              prolly leftover stock due to the sd control cavity route,
                              check HS logo for TM or (R) as well thats a pretty good tell as well
                              congrats on the score !!!
                              Last edited by len; 11-17-2011, 08:22 AM.
                              “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                                love the color and have no problems with kahler's ...
                                plus its a unqique piece....first soloist out of ontario!!
                                prolly leftover stock due to the sd control cavity route,
                                check HS logo for TM od (R) as well thats a pretty good tell as well
                                congrats on the score !!!
                                It say TM on the headstock which means it was made in San Dimas before the move to the Ontario factory. It's also got hte binding nibs which I believe they stopped doing once the move to the Ontario plant was made.

I'm dropping her of to the luthier who will put hte OFR R3 nut on there to help me get my whoop whoop on.

Comment

Working...
                                X