Ontario Silverburst Strat 3759

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
    I snagged this from a fellow JCF'er in September of 2010. This is an early Ontario with mostly San Dimas features in decent condition. The build date on the body is 9/18/86, so it's about as early as you can get as far as Ontarios go. Oddly, there is no WO number on the body. The original Kahler was replaced at some point with a 7300. That is good news for me, because I have it set up for fixed bridge mode. Jackson sometimes slaps those stringlocks right on top of the truss cavity covers, which is sort of lame. I took that crap off. The pups are J100/J100/J50B. I wouldn't call it a road warrior, but there are a few battle scars on it.

Sorry to bring back an OLD thread but this was my guitar- sold to Axewielder and just happened upon this post. Holy Crap, you got it looking great man! I do miss it- The neck on that thing was KILLER- perfect profile- and the thickest slab of rosewood I've seen too. The silverburst finish was top notch in my opinion but it had been dropped by previous owner which is why I scored it for cheap. It also needed just a little steel wool clean up on the board and frets when I got it but just has killer Jackson mojo...For those in the thread calling "fake"...WRONG....its a legit Ontario for sure. And I was the one who slapped a Duncan Custom 5 in it and that 7300 on it after the original Kahler just started falling apart with corrosion and crap. I never even had a chance to finish the setup on the Kahler when I sold it- The del was I had to sell this beauty during some very difficult financial times and wound selling this one, my beloved 2004 Tobacco Burst SLATQH , a 1996 Cherry Burst AT1 and a transparent black KE1 all in one month . Just killed me to sell these but these USA Jacksons are the only guitars that hold their value and needed the cash. I kept my Gibsons for a bit but eventually they went too (dont miss em a bit). Anyway- You've got a great guitar here bud! Lookin sweet! I've been making my way back slowly and Jackson/Charvel is the only way to go (except the new Chinese stuff...arrrgghhh wont go there)-In the last year and a half, I've since acquired a (new) Flame Up San Dimas, a (new) Wild Card 4, Candy Red Style 2 San Dimas (new) an Inferno Red DK2M (new) and a (used) 90 Fusion Pro (the real deal!) Had to sell the DK2M to get the Fusion but certainly happy with that trade off! Nice job in cleaning her up Axewielder- I am so glad its in good hands!

Comment

Hey thanks man, yeah this one has been a nice guitar. I hate you had to downsize, but it sounds like you are making a comeback!

EDIT: Jesus, has it been 2 years since I bought this??

Comment

Here in the logo on 1499 Its an 86 R not a TM but has plastic overlay on the headstock.

Last edited by straycat; 10-05-2012, 12:39 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
          I've got two SD's with the TM and the Made in USA after the Jackson.
          5115 is like that as well.
          hsfront.jpghsback.jpg
          Last edited by len; 10-07-2012, 01:13 PM.
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
          X