Here is a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a good one!

OK, This is what I know…a good friend of mine bought this guitar from a music store in Big Rapids in the late 80’s early 90’s (I was with him). I know the owner well, he said a rep. from Jackson stopped by to try to open a point at his store. This is the only guitar he bought as he did not have a lot of investment capital. We looked at the guitar a couple of days later and I did not have the cash so my friend bought it. He does not play so he gave it to me to play and a few years later I bought it from him. It is a Jackson Professional but ,as you can see on the neck plate is was made in the USA (California). It has Jackson switchable actives and a Jackson tremolo (looks like a Jackson licensed Floyd Rose). The serial number is 000153. It is Tiger Striped Maple and red in color.
    Now what I have been told: This guitar was made ion the time that Jackson was starting to make the Professional in Japan. There was a rumor that they were also thinking about making a USA Made Professional also. I have been told that because this was a rep sold model and because of the number and that fact that it was made in the US I have been told by a couple of “pros” that it is a prototype. Another reason is that switchable Jackson actives. This was again rumored to be something they were looking at for the American made Jackson.
    Because of the fact that Jackson no longer has anyone around from this era all I have to go on is the stories and history form the “pros” that I have spoke to…the best source was from California. I can vouch for the guitar from the time it was sold to the store in Big Rapids. They no longer have any info on the rep or the purchase.
    John

I have pics...

You should post those pics...

Comment

Sorry..I hate to show my ignorance, but how do I do that??

Comment

Cool story, lets see some pics.... Open an account at photobucket and copy the image code here. The website will provide the Image Code for the uploaded picture.

Comment

You don't need to deal with photobucket if you don't have an account. On the quick reply, click on the button that looks like a picture of a tree (when you hover your pointer over it it says 'insert image'). That will give you a choice to link to a picture that is stored on your computer or a URL.

So if you have the pictures stored in your computer, click on the 'from computer' tab, then click on 'select files'. Then browse your computer for the picture and upload it.

Comment

FYI Ward, I dont believe non-platinum members can upload pics to the board.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I must be a moron...all I can find is a url link....

Comment

Sounds like I'm the moron.

Sorry, didn't know that uploading from your computer was a platinum only feature. Looks like photobucket or some other photo hosting site is the way to go. You can set up an account at a site (photobucket is free up to a certain # of pics I think), then upload your pics to that site, then copy that URL into the link box in the JCF reply.

Comment

Thanks! I'll Give that a try!

Comment

Sounds like it's probably a regular fusion or dinky - the serial is production not custom. I guess it could be a PCS bolt-on though, as I think those had regular serials.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyjackson View Post
                      Because of the fact that Jackson no longer has anyone around from this era
                      Not true. There are a couple guys there, but they're high up so probably hard to get a hold of.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                        Sounds like it's probably a regular fusion or dinky - the serial is production not custom. I guess it could be a PCS bolt-on though, as I think those had regular serials.
                        He said that it was a Jackson Professional. That would be MIJ.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

D'oh - didn't notice that. Just saw the serial...
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

it is a pro but not MIJ. It was made in America. That is why The best info I can get thinks it is a prototype...Also it has switchable actives. Contrary to popular beliefe all pros were not made in Japan...I own one.

Comment

Any chance of getting some pictures up?

Also, what do you mean by switchable actives? Do you mean pickups with on/off switches? Also, are they Jackson pickups? I thought Jackson pickups were passive with some active electronics.

Not disputing your claim, just trying to clarify.

Comment

Working...
                              X