No announcement yet.

Here is a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pickups are Jackson. There is a small toggle that turns the actives on and off. You can play passive or turn them on and play active. I will try to upgrade to platnum today and get some pics up.

Comment

Two single coil over a humbucker. Jackson tremolo (looks like a Floyd Rose...).

Comment

5 position bayonette.

Comment

Jackson did some odd stuff every now and then but my guess its a parts mutt.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Vey possible but I know the music store owner that bought it from the rep...

Comment

And with the number that low that is why the guys I have talked to in California lean toward a prototype. They had also heard rumors that Jackson was considering a US model of the pro, With the number that low and the fact that it came from a Jackson rep led them to think prototype. That is why I am still digging.

Comment

Anything that says Professional is made in Japan.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am telling you this was made in America.

Comment

Made in Japan. Maybe it was assembled in America, but anything that says Professional was MADE in Japan.

Comment

Too funny...The plate says made in America and the address is California. It is not the Texas plate it is the California plate.

Comment

I understand the quandry...I have talked to several guys in California that have been around the Jacksons and all said this at first alos, until they listened and saw the pics. The one i spoke to that seemed to know the most, called his friend that had ties to the companty and that is the group that said they heard rumers but never saw pne....

Comment

Need pics then
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, we'll need pics. Anyone can easily swap a plate out...

Comment

you don't need Platinum to post pics. Put them up on a pic hosting site and share the links.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyjackson View Post
                                And with the number that low that is why the guys I have talked to in California lean toward a prototype. They had also heard rumors that Jackson was considering a US model of the pro, With the number that low and the fact that it came from a Jackson rep led them to think prototype. That is why I am still digging.
                                Umm... All of the Import prototypes and one-offs I've seen were MIJ in the Japanese custom shop. The only time I have seen anything different is with a few of the Import Signature guitars made Post 2000-something which had USA custom models built to MIJ spec. The Christian Olde Wolber is the model I'm thinking of. There were two or three others that I don't specifically remember right now. The weird looking import Anthrax guitar was also proto'd in the US.

A lot of people wrongly think the Professional line was made in USA. Sorry to burst your bubble. However, they're great guitars, and in many cases just as well made (if not, at times, better) than USA standard production guitars (pre-USA Select-Era).

Originally posted by Johnnyjackson View Post
                                Too funny...The plate says made in America and the address is California. It is not the Texas plate it is the California plate.
                                That would lead me to believe a parts guitar or someone swapped necks.
                                Last edited by xenophobe; 12-05-2011, 06:21 PM.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X