No announcement yet.

Here is a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload pics to www.photobucket.com and us the IMG link to post the pic. I've seen at least 2 bodies with MIJ necks on USA bodies.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

I am trying to get the picks up, hopefully today. I could see a Jap neck on a US body but I know that the music store would not have changed the plate so unless the rep did...I have known the guitar sense the second day the music store had it...it was not changed after that. Although I am interested in the value (in case I should insure it) but no matter what it is a playin' machine. Because of the switchable actives it is my weapon of choice if I have to take one guitar to a gig. It plays everything from blues and jazz to rock and country...very well.

Comment

Here are pics

Finally got pics up...I hope.

Comment

I do not see the link...here it is http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/jjoyceo1/

Comment

any markings in the neck pocket?

I could see it possibly being a US body & Japanese neck. US Fusion necks are hard to come by, so if the original broke, it would be much easier to source a Japanese replacement.
            Last edited by VitaminG; 12-07-2011, 09:26 AM.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Made in Japan Fusion PRO with the neck plate swapped. It's a Fusion body (by virtue of the JE-1500) so I'm guessing someone did a very quick neck plate swap and tried to pawn it off as a Made in USA.

Comment

http://sadtrombone.com/
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

The only issue I have with that is it would have to be the Jackson Rep that did it before he sold it top Mark at the Music store and I wonder about that as it would not be a very good business practice....

Comment

Sure the "Jackson Rep" wasn't just a con artist? I mean, I can show you a business card that says I'm Jesus Christ, CEO of FMIC, whilst wearing a Jackson Guitars t-shirt.
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

I suppose that is possible, except he opened a point at Quinns....This was not his only Jackson....

Comment

well, you seem rather hell-bent on believing the guitar is US made. i am not sure there is too much else that anyone can say. to me, it looks like a japanese fusion with a USA plate. it is a nice looking guitar, but at this point it appears to be a mutt of some sort.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

At the end of the day it's a nice guitar but nothing really special. I would guess it's worth $600-$800 USA or not.

Comment

Don't know what it means to "open a point", but I can say that I can back up my business card with a bullpen of Jacksons in a van.

It's hard, you're not the first, and won't be the last. You need to just accept it though. As stated multiple times, your guitar is either a Japanese Fusion with an American plate, or an American body with a Japanese neck. Most likely the first, since that number is crazy low for a Fusion like that. All the evidence is against what you were led to believe.

And by the way, it's rude to seek help and then argue with everyone every single step of the way. Do you tell your mechanic how to fix your car step by step?

Comment

Odd...All I was doing is stating facts. I do not care a whole lot other than to establish a value and learn about the guitar I have owned for decades now. Please do not preach to me about rude. I have talked to so many people about this and everyone has a different idea,,,well most. Thanks for your opinion. You'll understand if I continue to search, not because I am looking for a specific answer but rather because I wouild kike to find out all I can so I will continue to give all of the info I have...Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, that's an import with a swapped neck plate. I'd be very surprised to see a US guitar with that little flame on the top.
                                Popular is not the same as good
                                Rare is not the same as valuable
                                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                                X