No announcement yet.

Here is a good one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooooo the neck plate was swapped and you have a MIJ fusion pro.Great guitars be happy you have it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyjackson View Post
      I have been told by a couple of “pros” that it is a prototype. Another reason is that switchable Jackson actives. This was again rumored to be something they were looking at for the American made Jackson.
      Hi Johnny, do you remember the names of "pros" you mention?

Just curious.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah all Fusion Pro's had the JE1500 active "wah" circuit. Only solid color bodies had the lower heel scalloped, the trans finish ones didnt.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Out of interest, since I have a JE-1500 I am wiring into an RR (just to see what it does):

Does flicking the switch bypass the active circuit, Turn it off (as in not kill battery), or just turn off the envelope filter section?

i.e. is the active gain boost still there when the switch is dis-engaged? Or is it integral in the filter sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
            Does flicking the switch bypass the active circuit, Turn it off (as in not kill battery), or just turn off the envelope filter section?

i.e. is the active gain boost still there when the switch is dis-engaged? Or is it integral in the filter sweep.
            I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand it the active circuit IS the para-mid EQ (the wah type effect). There is no active gain boost, just a para-mid EQ that is an active electronic that is turned on or off with the toggle.

Comment

funny...i have actually owned a few prototypes...and they either had normal serials like my charvel blue marble reissue or no serial like the 2 early soloists i owned (black and a dusty rose colored)...while my opinion means nothing it definitely looks like someone swapped a neckplate on this one...a common occurrence in the 90's to get more out of a guitar when resold...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Now what I have been told:
                I have been told that...
                ...I have been told by a couple of “pros”...
                FAIL

Comment

Well, Johnny came to the JCF and really "got told"

Comment

Well, if it says USA on it somewhere it has to be made in the USA right?

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Here's an American made Fusion with a Japanese Body for $749.00
                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Jackson...item27bef64b56
                      Wish it still had the factory leopard print body..

I like the short scale Fusions BUT won't pay more than their worth..

Comment

Well, the decent thing is... the USA plate is probably worth $200-$250 or so on it's own...

And it's very unlikely that your body is USA. Whenever a Jackson has a flame top... imports will have a flame veneer and USAs will have a flame cap that's anywhere from 1/8" or so for USA Selects and can be anywhere from 1/8", the whole body or a cap anywhere between.... with very few exceptions. If there's anything in the neck pocket, that'll clearly prove either way.

In any event OP, this IS the Jackson / Charvel Forum. We're the most knowledgeable people on the net when it comes to these guitars and any "expert" you could find anywhere else isn't likely able to cover the aggregate knowledge of this forum's users.

Cheers!
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          on it's own...

We're the most knowledgeable people on the net when it comes to these guitars

Just not when it comes to apostrophes, though!

Comment

Message from Racer X...

memes-samuel-l-ducreux.jpg

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Comment

:P
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X