Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspire me! Post pics of your one-offs and rarities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
    There are one or two malingering about here that you don't see every day:

Mini hums on a SLAT:

And one that should be much more rare than it is LOL:

Why do people still use photobucket?
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Ugh I'd give my left leg to own Randy's #3..

Comment

• Awesome thread... is awesome! Some of the graphics posted are insane.

Comment

• Oh Hell...

Hellraiser(J)6502....2000 NAMM/Catalog guitar.

Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

• That still kills me Kurt - just awesome. I know there's been others but yours is just damn near perfect...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                Lightning Ball Rhoads:
                Rudy! Very nice. Didn't know you had the lightning-ball Rhoads. Was this the one DCGL sold back in 1998 (or 99 I think)? Thought some JCF-member named "[something] taco" owned it last. One of my most favorite graphics on a Rhoads - or any guitar for that matter. I had a chance to buy it (or one similar) from DCGL. Jason (DCGL) offered it to me at a super-sweet deal but I went with another Jackson model instead. Always regretted it. Glad it's in Rudy's possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by murkat View Post
                  Dang-it Jay! That's is sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                    And I'd love to have this guitar made, but the last time they tried, they screwed it up so royally that they let me opt out of it:
                    Xeno: How did they screw up? Mine was SUPPOSED to be a baritone scale, 18 months after they accepted the order they re-neg on the baritone. Saying it wasn't a scale they offered any longer. So I got it in a regular scale-length but at a discounted price. I'll dig up pics of it sometime later this week.
                    Last edited by GuerillaPete; 04-09-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Here's another one-off I have:

[CG88 (aka Bob) has first dibs on it!]

Comment

• Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                        Xeno: How did they screw up? Mine was SUPPOSED to be a baritone scale, 18 months after they accepted the order they re-neg on the baritone. Saying it wasn't a scale they offered any longer. So I got it in a regular scale-length but at a discounted price. I'll dig up pics of it sometime later this week.
                        They screwed up the bevels, I wanted a bevel all the way around the body like an archtop and the neck/bridge were pushed too far up the body. I wanted the bridge as close to the back of the body as they could get it but ended up pushing it forward so the overall length of the guitar was 2-3" longer than it should be. I wanted it spec'd to the pictures and description I sent them and just like with my XTRR, they put way too much creative interpretation into what I actually wanted while ignoring the details.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          They screwed up the bevels, I wanted a bevel all the way around the body like an archtop and the neck/bridge were pushed too far up the body. I wanted the bridge as close to the back of the body as they could get it but ended up pushing it forward so the overall length of the guitar was 2-3" longer than it should be. I wanted it spec'd to the pictures and description I sent them and just like with my XTRR, they put way too much creative interpretation into what I actually wanted while ignoring the details.
                          I getcha. Yeah. I'm planning another Demon CS and slowly/patiently going over all the details with the dealer and (hopefully) the custom shop.

Comment

• Doesn't give me much confidence in the custom shop when you spend a pretty penny, wait @18 months to maybe get what you ordered if you are lucky.
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

• Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                              Rudy! Very nice. Didn't know you had the lightning-ball Rhoads. Was this the one DCGL sold back in 1998 (or 99 I think)? Thought some JCF-member named "[something] taco" owned it last. One of my most favorite graphics on a Rhoads - or any guitar for that matter. I had a chance to buy it (or one similar) from DCGL. Jason (DCGL) offered it to me at a super-sweet deal but I went with another Jackson model instead. Always regretted it. Glad it's in Rudy's possession.
                              Thanks for the kind words. I didn't get it from DCGL, this one was up on E-Bay about 10-11 years ago and I got it off an individual. It arrived in new condition. Perhaps he originally got it from DCGL ?
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

• HOLY CRAP, more of the original Roswell Rhoads, please!!

Any sound clips? I've never heard an aluminum guitar before. How does it sound?

Either way, more pics, please. :-)

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X