My SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SL2H

I've had this since I blew all my high school graduation money on it about 5 years ago, and it's still the best feeling guitar I've ever played (I bought it sight unseen too!). Anyway, I used to have a youtube account with a bunch of songs up, but I hadn't logged in for quite some time and they all disappeared.

Anyway, I'm sure you've all heard this song far too many times but I figured I'd share.

You can never hear too much Crazy Train . Nice playing!
    My other signature says something funny

Comment

Excellent song, excellent guitar and excellent playing. Great job
      2011 USA Jackson Soloist
      2007 USA Jackson Soloist
      2007 USA BC Rich Warlock
      2009 Edwards ECY 165
      2009 Schecter Hellraiser
      2006 USA BC Rich Wave
      2012 Gibson LP Trad
      1981 USA BC Rich Mockingbird

Comment

+1. I spent my student grant and loan on a guitar too (over a decade ago).
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

is that a netbook you're using or is that laptop far away?

Great job!
          Sam

Comment

Thanks guys, I am a frequent sufferer of "I hate my playing syndome" but now with no school to get in the way I've had lots more time to woodshed when I'm not at work.

As for the recording, I think it turned out pretty good considering the equipment I used.Recorded on a Sony digital video camera, just using the microphone on the camera. The backing track is being played through a stereo from the 70s hooked up through the headphone out on my netbook . Guitar is going straight into a Crate XT120R... speaking of that, I will soon be in the market for a tube amp of some sort. However, I think it sounds halfway decent here (just feeds back really bad when I'm not playing).

Comment

Awesome dude,.....You make it look easy...

Comment

When you say, "blew" your highschool graduation money you actually meant "spent on the coolest guitar of all time" right? It took me years of playing to figure out that Jackson's are the best guitars out there. After playing Peavey, Gibson, Shitkter, LTD, Fender etc......I 'blew' my money on a KV2 and an SL2 and holy cow! IT was worth every dime. Good job on the pick that guitar looks sweet! Oh by the way, for my graduation I got a tool box and an old car with 240,000 miles on it and told good luck, no money for any guitars!

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
                  When you say, "blew" your highschool graduation money you actually meant "spent on the coolest guitar of all time" right? It took me years of playing to figure out that Jackson's are the best guitars out there. After playing Peavey, Gibson, Shitkter, LTD, Fender etc......I 'blew' my money on a KV2 and an SL2 and holy cow! IT was worth every dime. Good job on the pick that guitar looks sweet! Oh by the way, for my graduation I got a tool box and an old car with 240,000 miles on it and told good luck, no money for any guitars!
                  I got pretty lucky, lots of obscure relatives that felt the need to send me money. The soloist stayed at the parents' house most of the time I was in college because I was paranoid about someone stealing/otherwise fucking with it while I was in a dorm. Now, I'm really enjoying being able to play it again, whenever work doesn't get in the way .

I'm definitely one of the younger guys on the board here, but I don't see myself playing anything else at this point. I learned how to play mostly on Jacksons and am looking forward to the day when I can afford a real custom one (not that I'd trade the SL2H for anything!).

Comment

Working...
                  X