84 Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 Rhoads

I saw what was labelled as an '84 made-in-USA Rhoads in a local guitar store today. They were asking $1,100 for it. I'm not really into myself, but I'm wondering if this is a good price? Looked to me like it could use a good setup, and I was a bit surprised to see that the fretboard looked like rosewood rather than ebony.
    My other signature says something funny

In 84 they would all be custom builds I believe so wood type wasn't set in stone. Was it dots or sharkies? Dots and rosewood would indicate a Student Rhoads typically but I don't know if they were making those then.

Did you get a serial number? That could help confirm the year of manufacture.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

No, sadly not. I put my guitar in there for a setup and fret job, so I'll be back in a week or so to double-check. There was also some sort of BC Rich that was marked as 'very old'. Not my thing, I must say, but I know some peeps on here are into those. I forget the price on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Dots and rosewood would indicate a Student Rhoads typically but I don't know if they were making those then.
        Yes, they were; I have one.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There you go. Hey at least I admitted I didn't know.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I had one too. Was my backup for many years
            CURRENT GEAR SET UP
            2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
            1989 JACKSON KING V
            1984 JACKSON RR
            AXE FX II
            MESA BOOGIE 2:90
            DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
            FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
            (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
            (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
              No, sadly not. I put my guitar in there for a setup and fret job, so I'll be back in a week or so to double-check. There was also some sort of BC Rich that was marked as 'very old'. Not my thing, I must say, but I know some peeps on here are into those. I forget the price on that one.
              can u send me the info on this place thanks

Comment

Not sure of the name of the shop - it's a shared space with the repair shop, Brawer Guitar Repair, a guitar shop and an amp repair shop upstairs. The address is 15 Lafayette St, San Francisco CA 94103 if that helps.

Comment

When you see stuff like this cell pics are nice.Serial numbers always get those too.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X