A couple of questions about the SL2H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions about the SL2H

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I've learned a lot from reading other posts on here. I wish I had the collection some of you guys have. I want to order my first USA select Jackson, a lefty SL2H. I just have a couple of questions about it as Jackson's website is kind of lacking on some info.

Do the soloists still have metal back plates and come with allen wrenches attached to the headstock? Also, does anybody know what kind of tuners the soloists have on them now?

Thanks!

A. yes
    B. USA select, yes
    C. Schaller, jackson labeled.

welcome
    >^v^<

Comment

Thanks dude

Comment

I don't know if this matters to you, but allen wrenches attached to the headstock seems to depend on the dealer. In my experience most dealers will include the holder and wrenches with the guitar, but not attach it to the headstock. I have also received guitars without the wrench holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          I don't know if this matters to you, but allen wrenches attached to the headstock seems to depend on the dealer. In my experience most dealers will include the holder and wrenches with the guitar, but not attach it to the headstock. I have also received guitars without the wrench holder.

:think:

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post

Yeah I would imagine some people wouldn't like to have the allen wrench holder attached.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Never saw SL2H/SL1/RR/WR or KE2 without allen wrench holder attached. I think the painted guitars are come with those the unfinished necks may be diffirent story. Bolt on Jacksons will have some of the holders come in the case, with the option of dudes mount it themselves.
              I mean, not too many Jackson lovers will be brave enough to drill something on the back of the Trans or Swilr painted headstock, and if you don't know what you are doing the it'll be all assbackwards, the wrenches will be sticking out...
              Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

assbackwards.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Knockout View Post
                  Never saw SL2H/SL1/RR/WR or KE2 without allen wrench holder attached. I think the painted guitars are come with those the unfinished necks may be diffirent story. Bolt on Jacksons will have some of the holders come in the case, with the option of dudes mount it themselves.
                  I mean, not too many Jackson lovers will be brave enough to drill something on the back of the Trans or Swilr painted headstock, and if you don't know what you are doing the it'll be all assbackwards, the wrenches will be sticking out...
                  I agree with you that most people wouldn't want to drill a painted headstock. But painted necks can and do come without the holder attached. I got my SL1 new in 2002 from an authorized dealer with full warranty. I never made mention of the wrench holder when I purchased the guitar, but received the guitar without it attached, and actually not even included in the case. I never use the holder, so I was glad it was not attached. The finish is interference fireglow, so it is definitely not something I would want to drill into...
                  PICT0934.jpgPICT0936.jpg

Comment

Only USA Jackson's I've ever seen without the wrenches and holder are those that don't have an OFR thus no need for the wrenches and holder.

Comment

That USA SL1 above has an OFR.

Maybe it is the exception to the rule, but it exists.

My original point was merely that if it is important to the original poster that the wrenches & holder are attached, it would be worth double-checking with the dealer and not just assuming that it will be attached.

As I have proven, you can get one without the wrench holder attached.

Comment

Is the SL1 an older model? My point being, in the last 12 years, I've yet to see a USA Select come without them.
                        Last edited by H8Red442; 01-03-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

My 2009 SL2H came without the wrenches and holder attached also.
                          My other signature says something funny

Comment

In response to H8Red442:

Built in February 2002 and I purchased it in March of 2002, so it is less than 10 years old.

My point is that you may not have seen a USA Jackson without a wrench holder until now, but it is a possibility, and as shown above, it does happen.

That was the only reason I posted this in the first place, to mention the possibility that the wrench holder may not come attached to the guitar. It seemed to be an important feature to the original poster (it is only one of 3 features he asked about), so I thought it was worth mentioning my experience. However rare it is, the fact remains that USA Jacksons can arrive without the holder, so it would be worth a call to the dealer to confirm whether it did or not if it is an important feature to the buyer.

Comment

Thanks guys for the responses. I'm going to make sure the dealer knows that I want the holder attached to the headstock. I want it there for the sake of convenience.

Comment

Working...
                              X