Introduction and advice sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and advice sought

Hello everyone and thanks for having me here on the forum. This is actually my first post in years so I thought I would introduce myself and also ask for some advice about a potential Jackson USA purchase.

I am an older guy and so, back in the dark ages (1986), I bought my first real guitar: a Charvel Model 4. I sold that guitar when I moved to the US but the first weekend after I arrived I went to Guitar Center in Oakland and bought a 1988 white Jackson Soloist. That was a great time in my life and I loved that guitar but it too was sold just before I got married so we could afford a downpayment on the house. I have been without a Jackson since 1990 but I am now in a position to get another after 20 years.

I am really interested in the KV2 model and have a chance to buy either a regular USA Select or a used masterbuilt custom. I believe that the masterbuilt was put together by Shannon at the custom shop. The masterbuilt is in great condition and is about the same price as the KV2 select is advertised for. I don't know if there is any wiggle room in the price of a USA select since most dealers have them for exactly the same price. If there is then that would make the price differential greater. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks so much

Find the KV2 you want, call the dealer and ask them if they can drop the price. Most will say about 10%.

Comment

If the Customshop is the same price as a production KV2 and the specs work for you, then I'd say it was a no-brainer - CS all the way.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

CS if the price is the same no question.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!!

Comment

Shannon FTW!
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Don't go custom shop just for that reason unless it is one you really love in terms of specs and color/finish.

The USA KV2s are amazing in their own right if you are after one in a particular finish, etc.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
              X