Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post fender sl2 custom shop logo?

I got the sl2h last week and love it.
    I have found another that is painted with green flames. It should be around a 2005. I have been told it is a custom shop, but it has no custom shop logo on the hstock. Only sais MIUSA. I asked why and was told it wasnt a select it was a c shop and the c shop logo is a $150 upgrade. IT is pricey and I am not sure if that is true. Looks like it has base coat and 4 flame coats and a metalic coat and alot of clearcoat.
    I havent bought it so I dont have pics. Any help would br hreat.. I dont want to spend 2k on a c shop that is really a USA stndard. thanks for the help gents
    http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/y...ackson_026.jpg

Serial number would tell the tale. A custom shop would be a Jxxxx, and a standard USA would be Uxxxxx.

The custom shop logo is an option, and some custom shop guitars come without it. I don't remember if it cost extra, but I was definitely asked if I wanted it or not when I was discussing details of mine.

Comment

As Ward says, the best way to tell is from the serial number, but your description just sounds like Green Ghost Flames. Did it look like this, which used to be a USA select finish:

Not that it matters, but if it is a CS guitar I think think they're BSing you on the reason as I don't think the CS logo costs anything. The default is to have it and it's a no-cost option to have it deleted. I have a CS RR (24 fret, rear-loaded, etc.) without the CS logo BTW.
      Last edited by ken; 01-07-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

It can be confusing sometimes as I see some dealers advertising USA select Jackson as Custom Shop. But like Ward said, the serial number is important. However, there are some USA select guitars that have a special paint job by Jackson that are considered CS too. So a CS with an U-serial number is possible (but rare I think), but has a non-standard paint job. I have seen one of them. You are totally right on checking the background.

Comment

Originally posted by laurens View Post
          However, there are some USA select guitars that have a special paint job by Jackson that are considered CS too. So a CS with an U-serial number is possible (but rare I think), but has a non-standard paint job.
          Good point, forgot about that scenario...

Comment

There's no charge for the CS logo, if it's a custom shop guitar. As stated above, neck thru Customs have J (or RR) serial numbers. When it comes to the custom graphic thing, if it's a standard spec guitar with a U serial and the only difference is paint, then I don't consider that a custom shop. Maybe a 'semi' custom at best...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              When it comes to the custom graphic thing, if it's a standard spec guitar with a U serial and the only difference is paint, then I don't consider that a custom shop. Maybe a 'semi' custom at best...
              I don't either, but I didn't know if that was just me.

Comment

Like others have eluded to, could be a USA select as green ghost flames was a standard graphic. But since it's not a common color/graphic, maybe the original owner ordered it through a dealer and had to wait for it to be made. Therefore, they look at is as "custom" ordered.

Comment

OK. i WENT AND BOUGHT it. It looks identical to kens picture with the exception of the pups. The previous owner told me almost exactly what laurens said about it having the special paint fron jackson. He said it has base coat 4 coats of the flame and a metalic coat and the 5 glass coats. he also said that these guitars had better frets and wiring? It does have a u serial #.
                  Also he mentione the jackson logo being 3 pieces. there is a fine seperation between the s and o and the j is seperate.
                  I have another sl2h that has the same logo and has no serial # anywhere. i posted it in another thread. I was told it could have been employee guitar or endorsement guitar. pics of the stiker in the cavity is posted. the thread says sl1?. I thought it was a sl1 before I got it. thanks for all your help. I will post new pics later today.
                  http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/y...ackson_026.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bootlegger View Post
                    The previous owner... said it has base coat 4 coats of the flame and a metalic coat and the 5 glass coats. he also said that these guitars had better frets and wiring? Also he mentione the jackson logo being 3 pieces.
                    Sounds like a lot of bull to make it seem like a custom. Looks like a USA Select with EMGs is all. But WTF do I know.

Comment

I think where the confusion comes in is, arent the USA Select series production guitars that are actually made in the custom shop? Thats how Ive understood it. Ive been wrong before though.
                      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by bootlegger View Post
                        OK. i WENT AND BOUGHT it. It looks identical to kens picture with the exception of the pups. The previous owner told me almost exactly what laurens said about it having the special paint fron jackson. He said it has base coat 4 coats of the flame and a metalic coat and the 5 glass coats. he also said that these guitars had better frets and wiring? It does have a u serial #.
                        Also he mentione the jackson logo being 3 pieces. there is a fine seperation between the s and o and the j is seperate.
                        I have another sl2h that has the same logo and has no serial # anywhere. i posted it in another thread. I was told it could have been employee guitar or endorsement guitar. pics of the stiker in the cavity is posted. the thread says sl1?. I thought it was a sl1 before I got it. thanks for all your help. I will post new pics later today.
                        Congrats man! I like these kinda paint jobs, besides that a MIUSA Soloist is such a nice guitar. It doesn't only look killer, it plays killer too.

Comment

As others said, the CS logo is a no cost option. I ordered my 007 Soloist without it and there was no extra charge whether I wanted it on there or not. While the J serial number on a Soloist is the norm Jackson has done special paint on U serial numbered guitars. They've done this to some NAMM display guitars. And finally, your other Soloist with no serial number occassionaly happens. Back when the silver/black dragon was reintroduced a few years ago I had my local store order one for me on a KV2. When it arrived I got to open the box in the store to inspect it and that guitar had a hang tag with it that had the serial number but no serial number was stamped into the fretboard. Its rare but it happens. Even wrong serial numbers get stamped occassionally as well. I've seen that happen.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                          X