No announcement yet.

Newbie with a question on custom and USA Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt mean that he built the guitar. Being the first builder to cut/invent this kind of body contour, all the Jacksons soloist with this contour AFAIK are named as PS soloist or PS cut soloist. Correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Well, if you buy the PS Custom you will be the only kid on the block to have one.

Comment

So that means it is a soloist, Pablo Santana style?

Comment

Ah, PS = Pablo Santana cut. I've seen a few different Pablo Santa cuts, never heard them called PS. I didn't even think of that.

Here's another example:

He definitely does some interesting things!

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
            Ah, PS = Pablo Santana cut. I've seen a few different Pablo Santa cuts, never heard them called PS. I didn't even think of that.

Here's another example:

He definitely does some interesting things!
            Wow! Other than the color I love that axe. A lil bit extreme with a lil touch of classic.
            In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

The guitar must be somewhat like this than: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c..._Soloist_AT%2F (Pablo Santana constructing a similar one)

Comment

I'll go for the custom PS soloist, I already emailed them to hold it for me untill I can drop by to test it one more time.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

I bought the guitar yesterday, thanks everyone.

Comment

Congrats. Nice lookin guitar. Let us know what you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      PS1 (this is a bolt-on so technically it's a Dinky):
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3326[/ATTACH]
                      That's not a Jackson body.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks ilbianconero. The playablility is great. I really love the sound of the jazz pickup in the neck when playing clean or lead. The paintjob which extends to the back of the neck feels nice and smooth and I really like the care they've taken on the fretboard, with the nice looking white border. I was used to a rosewood fretboard, but ebony plays pretty nice.

Unfortunately I won't have much time to play it for a little while, have a little holiday planned.

Comment

Working...
                        X