Ran into a road block with my new RR1..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZZB View Post
    I thought this was going to be a Ran thread.
    :think:
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Is it possible that the techs tuner and yours are not calibrated the same? So when you got it home it was tuned down a bit so you tightened the strings to get it right and the end of the trem came up. Have you tried tightening the spring claw screws? If you tune it up correctly at home with the trem flat does it eventually lift up again?

Comment

Kinda like Newc said, when I hear the term pulled "up", that makes me think the springs are too tight, and is pulling the trem back. Is that what you mean, or is the trem leaning towards the neck of the guitar? If it's leaning towards the neck and the pitch is going flat, you just need to tighten the spring claw. Just keep going back and forth between the tuners and the spring claw until the guitar is in tune and the Floyd is parallel with the guitar body.

Comment

Or buy a Kahler .... ^Ducks^

Comment

Sorry guys, been on vacation for a few days. When I said the term was pulling up, I meant up out of the body towards the neck. Im tuned to standard but use skinny top heavy bottoms for strings. I just ordered a big block brass upgrade and the noiseless high tension springs. I'm feeling confident that the springs will fix the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X