Ngd-sl2h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd-sl2h

I guess owning a USA Soloist is some sort of right of passage? My progression from Charvel Pro Mods and a Jackson X series SL2HT has culminated in a "pre-owned" 2006 SL2H in Black - my FIRST USA Jackson and not my last!

I was holding out for a new one I had on order that was due to land in June, so I wasn't really looking. Then, just a couple of weeks ago on a business trip to Las Vegas, I went over to check out the local GC and low and behold waaaay up high on the rack was a near pristine Black Soloist. So, long story short - I ended up getting a much better deal on basically the same guitar.

Condition is A+ with the exception of some extremely light pick scratches - otherwise spotless and plays like just like I thought it would - no, actually better. Only issue was coming from the Nevada desert to the Hawaiian Islands has maybe expanded her a bit and now I'm getting some fret buzz that was previously non-existent. Still living up to the glory of a Jackson USA.

First two pics are from when I first got it - in the hotel room - the rug shots are home

Nice. Welcome to the site.

Comment

Awesome. Can't beat a USA Jackson in black. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Comment

Congrats!

BTW it's "lo and behold" http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lo_and_behold
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Congrats and welcome! I think everyone should own at least 1 soloist - such awesome guitars.

Comment

Agreed, I've got an SL2H, and they're really awesome guitars - it's not the only Soloist in the herd though - that's how much I love'em!
            "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
            '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
            '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
            '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
            '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
              I think everyone should own at least 1 soloist - such awesome guitars.
              very true.
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

looks like you were shaking with excitement in the first two pics. And it looks like a 12 string in the 4th
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Congrats! Where in Hawaii do you live? My parents live on Kauai.
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                    X