Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which case ships currently with new 2012 USA Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which case ships currently with new 2012 USA Jacksons?

Hi all...

I just purchased a brand-new 2012 Jackson SL2H, which was built in March 2012, and it shipped from the dealer in this case seen here (Case #1):

I thought all current USA Jacksons were shipping in this case seen here (Case #2):

I'm fairly certain the case I received (Case #1) is an older model case that was discontinued some years back before Jackson switched to the newer plastic cases with the TSA locks. Enlighten me.

Thanks.

Last new one I got (custom) came in the bottom case. But, I believe that was 2011.
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Those new SKB cases are just awesome. I wish I could replace all my old G&G cases with that case since it's stronger and soo much lighter

Comment

I just received a SL2H-MAH with a hang tag date of Jan 2012. It came in the new case.

It sounds like the dealer may be trying to pass off an older case on you because those new ones are so much more desirable.
        Last edited by MetalDaze; 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I don't know about the 2012s, but I got two new ones in 2011 that both came with the TSA flight case (bottom picture).

The new cases are cool, but I like how the older ones were more snug inside. The TSA cases have big cutouts for lefty/righty horns & headstocks (so they are one size fits all) but the guitar has a lot of room to move around in the case because of this design. In the older cases I have the foam is form fitting to the guitar, and the guitar does not move at all.

Comment

2012 should have came in the second case. May be time to call your dealer and mention somehow it came in the wrong case.

Comment

I *THINK* it mostly depends on what dealer you buy from, my new SL2H came in the SKB (bottom) case which I prefer because it's not ginormous.

Comment

I just got a Charvel MIJ SoCal that came with the 2nd case. Except instead of Jackson molded into it, it says Charvel.
                Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

Comment

My 2008 RR1T came in the top style.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                    X