No announcement yet.

About this Jackson Kelly Custom Shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About this Jackson Kelly Custom Shop...

This Jackson Kelly Custom Shop popped on Ebay a couple weeks ago. Looks like someone pawned it off. I had thought about bidding on it, but I had just recently purchased two Jackson (can't justify it to the GF...). The 'Designed in USA' on the headstock (which I have never seen or heard of) and the fact the post said they couldn't find a serial made it a little off putting. But I've never seen a fake Jackson either.... do they exist? The pictures were small but the MOP looks real, and everything else looked legit. But again, small pictures, and I'm no expert.

The post should be still be valid, and I snagged the images just in case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=it em2a1b6527ac&item=180848240556&nma=true&pt=Guitar& rt=nc&si=RxfXBsvBMsG0C7VUCqOzNSyhy28%3D&orig_cvip= true&rt=nc

Has anyone seen this 'Designed in USA' on the headstock before? I haven't been able to find one that didn't say 'Made in USA'. Hell, maybe somewhere here bought this thing :idea:

Here's a couple images I saved in case the link doesn't work (note it's photobucket so they may not last forever):

Last edited by decadence5423; 04-10-2012, 05:31 AM. Reason: Fixed Link

There was a thread about this one already:

Pretty sure no one here got it, if someone did they are keeping quiet about it.

Comment

Fake as Sin

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
        Hell, maybe somewhere here bought this thing :idea:
        No... but I fully expect the person who purchased it to come here at some point to ask, and I thought that this would be the thread when I first clicked on it.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Im with you xenophobe, thought it was gonna be the winner of the auction....im sure they will show up....

Comment

Fake.

-The lower cutaway should be around 22nd fret, not 19th.
            -The headstock is off. There tip is too thick.

I can't seem to find a working ebay link for the rest of the pictures but the the electronics backplate was of the wrong shape and had really tiny pots. And the trem cavity had pickup grounding on the claw and the wood showing looked suspicious.

Comment

F*** I just bought this thinking it was Agent Orange... are you serious?? I was gonna flip it that shit asap to get paid.

Comment

Working...
              X