Jeff Beck's Orange Soloist - Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck's Orange Soloist - Revisited

One of the coolest looking Soloists ever made, IMHO. I found a couple of photos of it that I had never seen before...

I don't think I ever noticed before that the Floyd has a shallow recess route underneath. :think:

I love that guitar. Probably no chance to get a limited run of that one.

Comment

Don't understand the pickguard for a guy that does not play with a pick

Comment

Don't understand the lack of sleeves EVAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          I love that guitar. Probably no chance to get a limited run of that one.
          I'm with ya, and you are correct!
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Just order a 3-tite and get the guard made afterwards...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

In action - on fire from 3:36 on.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Last edited by Grawnday; 04-11-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                Don't understand the lack of sleeves EVAR!!
                Thats why Larry the Cable Guy is the perfect guy to push the JB pickup with.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                  ^ This.

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
                  In action - on fire from 3:36 on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNwJ4kH3SHY
                  THANK YOU! Damn i was trying to figure out what song that solo was in for so long. Thought it was in a Rod Stewart song. I loved the opening to that solo when i was a kid, one of the cooler bubblegum "MTV" solos of that time that stuck with me. Also the solo in that Europe song, and oddly enough the guy from Duran Duran had one in one of those side projects they did at that time.
                  Last edited by Trem; 04-11-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    Also the solo in that Europe song, and oddly enough the guy from Duran Duran had one in one of those side projects they did at that time.
                    This is taking the thread sideways but John Norum is an awesome player. His first solo album, Total Control is one of my alltime favorite listens.

I like everything about this guitar but the pickguard. I'd love to see a string through version in agent orange with no pickguard.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                      Unfortunately it would get into custom pricing due to the Dots (no sharkies) and a better knob and selector switch placement. I know this has been beaten to death, but.............Is Jeff Beck even an endorser, is he going to sue Jackson for making a guitar THEY built originally with probably no input from him? It's no wonder the only innovative?!?!?!? stuff coming from Jackson is the somewhat ill-shapen bodies from Pablo. He's probably the most frustrated designer/luthier at Jackson.

"That's a great idea Pablo, but Gibson uses mahogany, PRS has six strings, and Zamphyr looked at something similar to that back in the day. Please bring it to the bandsaw for disposal."
                      Last edited by ulijdavid; 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I thought i read somewhere that Grover made that guitar for Jeff Beck out of the blue, since he was a fan, and showed up at a show and handed it to him. In a nutshell.
                        I think that story was in relation to Jeff Beck, not sure if that's the specific guitar, maybe the pink one... Something like that though.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                          Unfortunately it would get into custom pricing due to the Dots (no sharkies) and a better knob and selector switch placement.
                          Well of course. But if people really want the guitar, that's the way to get it done. If people just want something kinda close, go buy a Charvel Spectrum...
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I thought Jackson made a production model of this exact guitar.. Except it was a bolt on I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                              I thought i read somewhere that Grover made that guitar for Jeff Beck out of the blue, since he was a fan, and showed up at a show and handed it to him. In a nutshell. I think that story was in relation to Jeff Beck, not sure if that's the specific guitar, maybe the pink one... Something like that though.
                              I believe that was a Charvel, actually. I've never seen pictures of it, though. Rumor has it Grover knew of JB's interest in 50s & 60s hot rod cars, and that first guitar was done up with a hot rod flame graphic. That's possibly total speculation, though.

The pink ("Tina") and orange Soloists came later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X