No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the SL2H-V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The prices have been going down over time, too, probably cause they can't shift them. The same thing happened with their CS Rosewell Rhoads run (I was tempted...)
    My other signature says something funny

Comment

Sweet. Now my only problem is that Jackson won't let them ship guitars to The Netherlands. I guess they won't ship to Canada either?
      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

The introduction of the Custom Select line must have pulled the rug right out from under these. Available non-recessed Floyds, custom colors and other options at reasonable prices. Not sure there's much of a compelling reason for the MZ run anymore.

Comment

Yeah, I agree Pat - unless you want exactly those features (crownheads, script logo) you can pick and choose your own very similar build from JCS specs..
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very true, but soloists in the Custom Shop Select range still start at 3K. I totally dig these SL2H-V's :-)

Anyone has experience with The Music Zoo? And do they ship to Canada?

Comment

That's list price, not what you'll actually pay with a decent dealer discount.

Custom Select SL2H - list price starts at $3,333, many no cost options including non-recessed Floyd and custom solid color options.

MZ SL2H-V solid color - list price of $3,500

Your choice.

Comment

Ah ok. Well, I still dig the smaller headstock and vintage logo. I don't remember seeing those options on the spec form.

Comment

Tho, have you contacted The Music Zoo?

Although the official policy is that US dealers cannot sell outside the US, I know that it happens.

Comment

Since these are dealer-exclusive, and not 'made to order' the chances of TMZ selling them overseas are a lot greater

I would even think trying to order a TMZ-specced custom shop thru your local dealer would recieve a big "NO!" from Jackson

Just remember to count the frets and check if they didn't do a Semi-Steve Stevens on the pickup routes
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by nightbat View Post
                      just remember to count the frets and check if they didn't do a semi-steve stevens on the pickup routes
                      ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                        Tho, have you contacted The Music Zoo?

Although the official policy is that US dealers cannot sell outside the US, I know that it happens.
                        I did (but I'm the most inpatient person ever, haha) and it's gonna be fine

Nightbath: Bastard! But it's actually the reason I stopped my CS plans and compensate this 'loss' with another guitar I really like.

Comment

I like all of the ones I've seen so far. I think guitars look killer in a natural finish. Especially the brown mahogany one I saw one the music zoo site. The dots looked good on it too IMO.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I think that is a misconception. I can usually get a step and a half pull-up on my non-recessed trems.
                            +1 I have an original 86 Kramer Baretta that's non recessed and I can get a good amount of pull. Almost two whole steps.
                            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

So.. I just made a deposit on the natural mahogany one... SIKED!

Comment

Nice, mahogany will sound killer on a Soloist. congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X