No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the SL2H-V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! It's still a gamble for me. Normally I'm an alder-guy. But I think a mahogany guitar with oiled finish will sound pretty agressive. And if it's a dissappointment... I still own a custom shop guitar ;-)
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

The SL2H-V oil rubbed mahogany is on it's way to me! I am siked, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Tho View Post
        The SL2H-V oil rubbed mahogany is on it's way to me! I am siked, to say the least.
        Cool! Give us a full review when you can. I think the mahogany model is the tits.

Comment

Nice! I'd love to hear all about it and how playable it feels!

Comment

Congrats bro! That's a killer guitar you got coming to you!
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm guys! I'll give you pics, reviews and maybe even a vid if I know how to do it right.

I love everything about this guitar, but the non-recessed floyd might become an issue with my style of playing, and playing existing songs/solo's live. But hey, it's a CS Jackson coming my way. The thing I love the most is the headstock. It's smaller like on the original Concorde, and I love the logo style also.

Now let's hope it arrives in one piece, and make sure I don't drop a bomb on Customs with their 23,8 % tax.

Comment

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm guys! I'll give you pics, reviews and maybe even a vid if I know how to do it right.

I love everything about this guitar, but the non-recessed floyd might become an issue with my style of playing, and playing existing songs/solo's live. But hey, it's a CS Jackson coming my way. The thing I love the most is the headstock. It's smaller like on the original Concorde, and I love the logo style also.

Now let's hope it arrives in one piece, and make sure I don't drop a bomb on Customs with their 23,8 % tax.
                You should have sent your money to someone in the states and had them buy it and ship it to you at that price!
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

You'd still pay 23,8%. It's insane, my country is all about robbing it's citizens

Comment

You'd still pay 23,8%. It's insane, my country is all about robbing it's citizens
                    That sucks balls bro!

Comment

Tell me about it...we pay 50%...It's like having a fire extinguisher up the ass while smiling for the camera...

Comment

I'll stop crying right away. 50% is pure murder.

Comment

Hahaha crap! My new baby is now literally 400 meters away from my house at the local FedEx plant, but they won't deliver it today and they don't allow me to pick it up over there. The agony...

Comment

I love my natural sl2h-v, I put in Dimarzios and a big block, killer.
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Ah you got one to? I'm thinking about putting in a bigger block to (because it's really small), but I'm gonna keep the JB in. Sounds great!

Maybe you could help me out with this? http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/141...ar-Maintenance

Comment

I also own a TMZ natural Charvel, I've never done anything with the finish. I've heard of people re-oiling the body but I never have. The big blocks are great but be aware that they reduce the range of the trem quite a bit.
                                Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Working...
                                X