Pair of Jackson Adrian Smith's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of Jackson Adrian Smith's

Haven't posted on here much lately but thought I'd share my latest purchases with the board. So I've been wanting a Adrian Smith model for awhile now and was waiting for a clean one to pop up on the used market at a good price. A store back east popped these two up on Ebay at the same time at a killer price and since I couldn't decide which one I liked better.....well of course I just bought them both. They both were mint without a single flaw anywhere and came with everything as new. I won't tell you what I paid but if you do an Ebay search, I think you'll agree that I got a pretty smokin deal on them. Anyways, I won't go into too much detail but they play like a dream. The necks are killer. A little slimmer than my PC1's but I'm not too picky when it comes to neck width. Pickups sound great and it really is a quality instrument. I wanted to customize them a bit so I swapped pickguards on them. Enjoy!
    Before:
    http://
    After:
    http://
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Awesome!!!
    Pickguard swap approved!!!
    Adrian Smith Rocks!!!
    Congrats on the new Artist models!!!
    Yeah.. I'm jealous......

Comment

Are the routes on those swimming pool or are they routed to the pu config?
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Mine's an early one, but it's routed h.s.s which kind of stopped me putting it to h/s/h like Adrian's original guitar...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Love them!

I wish I could sell my model 6 and PC-1 and one of these would be mine also.

Grats

Comment

Oh that's nice. I'd want a maple and an ebony one.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The body is routed for H/S/S. I dig the sound of these pickups at the momemt. If I ever decided to do something else with the pickups I'd probably get a new pickguard made with H/S config. I do like the ebony neck version as well but out here in the desert, ebony is really hard to keep hydrated. I've had a few ebony necks get cracks in them previously so I've decided to stay away from buying anymore as long as I'm out here. Besides that, maple is by far my favorite fretboard wood.
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Im actually building an A.S. tribute strat, but with my own personal flavor. 3 hum, cuz Ive always loved the look of 3 hum guitars, and flat black. but still, once you guys see it, therell be no mistaking the influence. OP, congrats on the smokin deals. I love the model and think youll be happy happy happy with em forever. I fell totally in love with one at gc a while back, and it was an import. I can only imagine how good the USA models are
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Sweet decision dude, looks awesome.

Here's another pair of Adrian Smith's................

Adrian+Smith+A+Smith.jpgAdrian+Smith.jpg

Comment

Congrats and I like your thinking, but 'em all!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Very cool!!! Adrian Smith rules!!! I love this guitars

Soon i will post pictures of my 3 Jackson Adrian Smith guitars!!!

Comment

The last time I saw one of those was at NAMM, as seen here...

So I'm trying to play one, and this mass of people starts pushing me from behind...I'm about to blow my stack when I see THIS guy...

Oh...ok...sure - you can see the guitars...
                        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Win

Comment

Swap the pickguards back or have black piguards on them both
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              Swap the pickguards back or have black piguards on them both
                              Nope!
                              Good deals with:
                              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Working...
                              X