NGD - 1991 CS mahogany soloist in jetboat red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - 1991 CS mahogany soloist in jetboat red

Got this one a few weeks ago. Custom 1991 mahogany soloist, H/S, in sparkle red with matching reverse head.

This is a strange one. The Floyd sits very high up off the body. Not sure if it was ordered to sit as high as a TOM, or maybe the neck angle got screwed up for a top mounted Floyd. The Floyd sits about 1/4" above the face of the guitar, ends up being just like a TOM height. It has a transitional route, but I don't think there is any point to it, as the Floyd block bottoms out far before the route becomes useful...

Needed some attention to bring it back to semi-original. Changed the pickups (JB in the bridge, blue velvet in the neck), all the wiring (replaced an aftermarket switch with an original Jackson toggle, and replaced crap mismatched pots with CTS), then swapped up a Schaller bridge that was on it with a Jackson JT-590 that I had in my parts drawers.

Sounds fantastic now. Plays great too. Has the feel of a TOM, but with a Floyd. Originally I was told that it had a bunch of paint flaws, scratches and wear marks. When I got it I went over the whole guitar with a t-shirt and some cleaner. Every single mark was just dirt of some kind. The paint is immaculate, with no scratches, dings or nicks.

Funjet1.jpg

Funjet2.jpg

Funjet3.jpg

I know some people call it bassboat red, but around here, that is jetboat red.
    Funjet5.jpg

Last edited by Ward; 04-30-2012, 06:34 PM.

Awesome guitar. I was watching that on the bay, but lost track of it towards the end of the auction...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Very unique piece. Looks great.

Comment

Wow, the angled pickups and reversed headstock kind of threw me off for a sec. Makes the whole thing look kind of distorted. Awesome guitar for sure.

Comment

Awesome score. My 83 RR its that color. Its awesome isn't it?Thats a sweet soloist

Comment

Very cool! The slanted pups and headstock compliment each other nicely and thats a badass color...

Comment

Nice score. I've got a couple of those hybrid pullup routes, they really are kind of pointless. My strings usually crash into the frets before the trem descends into those routes. I guess that is why they only tried that for a couple of years.

Comment

I have always loved that type of finish i want one in screamin hot freggin pink lol

Thats as cool if not cooler imo than holoflake ward
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I really like that color, awesome score!

Comment

Wow. That thing is the bee's knees. Love the pickup configuration and slant, matching rev head... that's stuff you're supposed to go custom for. Congrats!

Comment

Very cool. I was watching that one on ebay too. I like the color.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Very cool soloist. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks all.

I've been on a mahogany kick lately, and H/S is my favorite pickup config, so when this one came up I couldn't resist. It doesn't photo very well, but I love the sparkle

Comment

thats a sweet axe.

Comment

Love everything about that one! Awesome grab, congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X