Thoughts on the 2004 Jackson USA JJ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the 2004 Jackson USA JJ2

I just purchased a Scott Ian model 2004 Jackson JJ2 and I'd like some opinions from people that know this model. Although I own quite a few USA Charvels and Japanese Jackson guitars, this is my first USA Jackson model. I know the size is smaller than the other Jackson models, but what does everyone think about the quality of this guitar, the pickups, etc etc. I appreciate all input.

One I'd like back. I ended up selling mine because I thought the guitar was too neck heavy, but other than that it was just brilliant.

Probably the best sounding guitar I've ever owned. Very dynamic even on ultra high gain but equally at home for bluesy stuff. A lot of the great sound I'd credit to the Seymour Duncan El Diablo pickups. The unfinished mahogany neck was awesome.

Comment

Most USA Jacksons are solid... there are a small percentage of just horrible guitars, a whole bunch of average ones, many nice ones and a few that are just amazing. How do you tell which it is? That's a bit subjective. Plug it in and play it, that's the only way to know for sure.

JJ's aren't generally expensive guitars... they don't usually have features Jackson usually upcharges for. Just because they don't have a lot of the features associated with high end Jacksons doesn't mean they aren't built just as well.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
      X