1991 Jackson RR1 Craigslist Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Jackson RR1 Craigslist Score

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and know people probably get annoyed by these "how much is my guitar worth" threads, but I have yet to see something else like this one. This is a snakeskin RR1 from 1991 based on its serial number, a piece was broken off the headstock and that's how I got it. Not getting this done professionally may have killed its value, but I used wood glue to repair the broken part and went through and cleaned out the electronics and got it set up and playing again. To my surprise, the neck on this thing is killer. It plays really nice! I was wondering if anyone has an idea about this guitar's value after such a damage and repair. The horns each have finish wear and there is some buckle rash.

If it's killer and plays nice, especially if you didn't have it professionally repaired, why do you need to know the value?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Curiosity I suppose.

Comment

In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I couldn't tell you the value. But I will say likely not much.

If its a great guitar and you love it then its worth what you paid. Don't worry to much about it.

Personally? I wouldn't pay anymore then 2 or 3 hundred in that condition. Others here may say I'm high.
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Any headstock or neck damage will kill any guitar value.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

eBay is funny, but you would probably make the most from sales there than you would here. Total what the parts are worth sold off the guitar. Then figure what the guitar in its present state would be worth stripped. Ballpark, the parts by themselves could probably fetch close to around a few hundred. Then the body stripped, probably another 100-200 ish. Its a cool graphic. Be a shame to part it out tho even in its present state, its definitely restorable.

Comment

347-455

Comment

Originally posted by saxopwn View Post
                  1991 jackson rr1
                  no such thing
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    no such thing
                    I'm certainly no expect on Jackson guitars, what would be the proper name for this model?
                    The guitar plays very nicely and if certainly well worth what I paid. To be honest, I'm not certain I can envision myself on stage with such a wild axe. Maybe I've grown too comfortable with my relatively unflashy Ibanez RG's. I really appreciate the input from you guys, I figured it didn't have much cash value anymore.
                    Last edited by Saxopwn; 05-24-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

It's a Rhoads custom
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

I'm assuming there's pretty bad horn damage given the headstock is snapped of? But the horn damage and buckle rash is obviously the least of its worries.

I would say about three fiddy.

But seriously, that damage is worth different amounts to different people. The only way to know for sure is to actually sell it. So it's probably worth what you paid.

Comment

You guys seem to be forgetting that beat to all ungodly hell, stripped down, trans red KV2 that went on eBay like 6 months ago... it fetched almost $700. People on eBay are suckers for stripped down project guitars.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                          X