Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Minor Issue With My Soloist. Would Appreciate Opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
    Holy shit......It is paint man. you will more than likely find something with that xray vision.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Screw you all . Fine, I'll live with it. I know most of you would do the same if it was your brand new guitar. Just sayin' haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        I gave Chris Holmes a call, and he didn't seem to think it was an issue.
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

i have a rr1 with a bengal paint job and theres a little beauty mark drop of paint near the binding on the 20ish fret think it makes the guitar unique lol

i wouldnt worry about it you might even end up chipping the paint job anyway in a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Viper_Roxx View Post
            I know most of you would do the same if it was your brand new guitar. Just sayin' haha.
            Nope.

There's a joke about older BC Rich. If you don't find at least 1 finish flaw, it's a fake made by Ed Roman.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Ultimately, how it plays and sounds is paramount. Unfortunately, Jacksons do vary in that regard, and it's entirely possible that the replacement you get would not be as nice. Now, seeing if you can get a little refund on it couldn't hurt, but I doubt you'll get one for something that miniscule. Heck, San Dimas-era Jacksons came with all kinds of goofy shit going on, like the Kahler string lock sitting on top of the truss rod cover, with part of the screws exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                Heck, San Dimas-era Jacksons came with all kinds of goofy shit going on, like the Kahler string lock sitting on top of the truss rod cover, with part of the screws exposed.
                Yup one of my strats had that. I thought it was some douchebaggery by a previous owner until I heard of others leaving the factory like that. What a hack!

Comment

I wouldn't give it one thought just play it. Not unusual for a metallic or metal flake paint to have slight imperfections like this.
                  It sucks I agree but have you tried to shoot paint like this? It's not easy.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it. You won't last long around here if you can't take a ribbing here and there. Good luck with your new guitar.

Originally posted by Viper_Roxx View Post
                    Screw you all . Fine, I'll live with it. I know most of you would do the same if it was your brand new guitar. Just sayin' haha.
                    Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                    http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Put a ding in it, you'll forget all about those spots. How close did you look to find those.

Comment

Just use it as motivation to choke it like it owes you money when you play it.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                        X