Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PC-1 mods

Hi Jackson users.

This is my first post so I cannot post attachments. Guitar is a solar PC-1.

I have owned my PC-1 for about 6mths and it has become my main guitar. This is my first Floyd Rose and also first sustainer guitar. I love both features and have ordered a big brass block from Floyd Upgrades.

I am however one of those people that picks right where the middle pickup is so I have to make changes. I have currently taken off the pickup cover and inverted the pickup so it is flush with the wood. I will either have the middle pickup taken out (like on the new 30th Anniversary models) or try to find a higher powered pickup that can sit lower from the strings and not get in the way of my picking. I have been playing for 30+ yrs and always used twin humbucker fixed bridge guitars. I have read on this and other forums of players finding the same problem with middle pickup. Not interested in a debate on it. It is just a personal preferance. Has anyone found a replacement pickup that sits low in the cavity.

Regards
    SydneyPC-1

Originally posted by SydneyPC-1 View Post
    This is my first post so I cannot post attachments.
    No one can. I upload my pictures to my ISP free web space and link here with the img tags.

Don't have a PC1 because I prefer thin shredder necks, even on my LPs.

At first I didn't like the middle pickup, like on a Model 6, but I've gotten used to it being there.

Pickup preference is such a personalized thing I've quit giving out advice. After all, I don't know what type of music you like, your amps, etc. But in general, a hot rails should work.

Comment

How often do you use the middle pickup? I lowered mine out of the way and dont really use it... Actually wish it wasnt there.
      ---RCM78
      >>>I'm Fucking Rich!!!<<<

Comment

Yeh, I normally lower my middle pick ups too. You on't even have to flush it all the way down. About quarter of an inch below the humbucker works great for me.
        Jackson Black SL2HT, Jackson Trans Blue SL2H, Jackson Adrian Smith white with ebony board, ESP KH-2 Caution Hot, Gibson Les Paul Custom aged white, Fender American Strat.

Comment

I lowered mine as I rarely use it. The PC1 has become part of my main live rig. I use a PRS SC245 and the PC1 and a Mesa Roadking half stack... and a few efects... all I need... done

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            No one can. I upload my pictures to my ISP free web space and link here with the img tags.

Don't have a PC1 because I prefer thin shredder necks, even on my LPs.

At first I didn't like the middle pickup, like on a Model 6, but I've gotten used to it being there.

Pickup preference is such a personalized thing I've quit giving out advice. After all, I don't know what type of music you like, your amps, etc. But in general, a hot rails should work.
            I agree if you want the middle pickup to still be usable set very low the hot rails would be the way to go......

Comment

My Jackson PC1 in Action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96b2P9Wf2c

Comment

I used to have an s570qm and i just lowered it a little bit, i choke up on the pick a lot so it doesnt have to be very low to clear

If you get a ho single it wont have the same sound. So if you use it and like the sound then just try and get used to it
                I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks for you comments and advice. Now looking for a good Floyd guitar tech in Sydney or North Coast to install my new Tremelo, take out middle pickup and set-up. Any recommendations from other Australians.

Thanks

Pics

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/...t=P1010941.jpg
                  Last edited by SydneyPC-1; 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X