Jackson Custom Shop shutting down?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
    guys I've been reading this discussion and hope one could let me know.Do other custom shops such as Dean guitars(which I believe that are cool by the way) take that long to build a CS order or is it just Jackson and Charvel?:think:Bear in mind that I am asking cause new at the guitar thing and own only a chip Ibanez
    Idk about dean, but i believe that carvin's website says most orders are finished in 7-10 weeks.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

oooohhh they're fast

Comment

That is crazy. And they look to be pretty good quality too. Never played a Carvin before though.
        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Missing the point, folks. 2 years for custom order is NOT acceptable regardless of how your product stacks up against the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
            Missing the point, folks. 2 years for custom order is NOT acceptable regardless of how your product stacks up against the competition.
            Exactly!!! Most custom homes are built in less than 9 months - that's a totally new design. How does it take Jackson 2 years to maybe route different pickup configurations on a standard model???

I honestly believe that they have no desire to have a custom shop. Even if the customs are three times the price of a production guitar, it just doesn't seem that the cost is worth the extra hassle.

Comment

True. I for one have been really wanting a custom Jackson but I don't know if I can wait up to two years. I might just go with one of the smaller boutique builders.
              2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
              Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Maybe true in the eyes of the consumer but it's also what the market will bare....I just ordered 2 soloists and while I don't like it, I still did it. So, apparently they don't have a problem getting orders...

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                  True. I for one have been really wanting a custom Jackson but I don't know if I can wait up to two years. I might just go with one of the smaller boutique builders.
                  Quite a few small builders have the same issues. Do a web search about Bernie Rico Jr, Mike Sherman, or Patrick Sims. I'm sure their are quite a few others too.

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind56 View Post
                    Quite a few small builders have the same issues. Do a web search about Bernie Rico Jr, Mike Sherman, or Patrick Sims. I'm sure their are quite a few others too.
                    No kidding. I ordered a guitar from Bernie Rico Jr back in November 2010 and still don't have it.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                      No kidding. I ordered a guitar from Bernie Rico Jr back in November 2010 and still don't have it.
                      I just spoke with him two weeks ago and he told me "about 6 months", but, in my conversation he bashed Jackson and GMW and that turned me off really bad, not to mention that it took him along time to return my call. I doubt I will order from him although I think his stuff is killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                        I just spoke with him two weeks ago and he told me "about 6 months", but, in my conversation he bashed Jackson and GMW and that turned me off really bad, not to mention that it took him along time to return my call. I doubt I will order from him although I think his stuff is killer.
                        Bernie is a character and a generally nice guy, but he does have a tendency to bite off more than he can chew and I guarantee you will never get a guitar from scratch out of him in 6 months. It sometimes takes him 6 months to get an almost complete in stock guitar out the door.

I think he makes great guitars too, but be prepared for a long wait. KxK also has some pretty long build times, but they are more up front about not promising any time frames.

In contrast, my Mike Learn guitar was in my hands about 5 months after I ordered it and that was built from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                          Exactly!!! Most custom homes are built in less than 9 months - that's a totally new design. How does it take Jackson 2 years to maybe route different pickup configurations on a standard model???
                          Can't argue with this, hell it took less than 2 years to build the warehouse I'm working at (with the deep foundation alone needing 1000 poles)
                          and looking at the builders (not the administration) there were never more than 75 present on site each day

I honestly believe that they have no desire to have a custom shop. Even if the customs are three times the price of a production guitar, it just doesn't seem that the cost is worth the extra hassle.

Apart from their USA Select line and Custom shop they currently are on the same level with Behringer and Jet City

It's there for the Prestige of the brand
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                          X