Where's the link?
    oops!
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      Double Rhoads are puny. Tiny puny guitars.

Yes... yes they are
      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Hey Curt. Could i trouble ya to measure from tip to tip Robins big red?. be nice to know the wing span.

Comment

I don't own Robbin's Big Red...the original is owned by Rob Witte.

I have one of the JCF Special Editions, which should be the same.

I can measure that for you if you want
          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Yep that will work.

Comment

Standing the guitar (gently) on it's head, from outside tip to tip, it measures exactly 18 and three quarter inches across.

Comment

Thats what i was thinking. I have a 25th ANN but its getting a facelift. and IIRC the regular KV2 for instance is 16 or smidge over...

Thanks man

Comment

Curt - Do you have the "Noskcaj" guitar? I was looking at photos of RC's guitar pictures on Facebook and a guy posted a picture there of a white Jackson strat with the "Noskcaj" logo on the neck - reverse with reverse sharkies. He states that his friend bought the guitar from Robbin in the 80's and that he didn't like the original "Flying V" shape, so he changed the body to a white strat - THAT is a travesty! It's now a H-S-S, with black trem and what looks like a single volume knob. Can't tell what the other three dots are. If it will work, here's the link, take a look:
                  Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

If the link doesn't work, it's on "Robbin King Crosby" page there. Is this one of Robbin's "wood tone experiments" guitars? I assumed it was neck-through and the guy changed the wings out - but that seems like a crazy amount of work. Maybe it's a bolt-on and only the neck was Robbin's? Lot's of cool pix there, and a story from Robbin's Hollywood hills neighbor who took some pictures and posted them.

Comment

That's a pretty cool guitar. I'd rather have it than a roundhorn too.
                    Last edited by xenophobe; 07-19-2012, 06:24 PM.
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

From what I vaguely recall, Jackson won't do the noskcaJ anymore; something about it "diluting the brand." I'm sure Curt will fill in some gaps, but there was a batch of bolt ons made for him in '88. the bolt on Firebird that's been on ebay for years was part of that batch. Here's another good place for info (but I'm a little biased) http://www.robbincrosby.net/guitargallery/body.htm

Sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah I saw that while I was still on Facebook. I've since exited from the EVIL FB!! I Don't trust that organization.

IMO, It is very probably a neck from one of Robbin's 'Wood Experiment' guitars from 1988. There were around 8 or 9 according to Robbin...the reverse Firebird on Ebay is also definitely one of them, even if their pricing and facts/detail in the auction are somewhat flawed....i.e. I own the (Dragon Firebird) guitar they use to 'authenticate theirs....anyway I digress..... I can't help it because I've always been fascinated by Robbin & Warren's famous C/J's and all the details surrounding them!

Here are the two Robbin Crosby 'noscaJ' Guitars I own, both bolt-ons and both from Robbin's 1988 'Wood Experiment' batch....and actually the only 2 he ended up touring with, based on the video and photo evidence to support this...and believe me I've done LOTS of research.

Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 07-19-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I dig that Pablo V!!

Originally posted by RD View Post

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                            Yeah I saw that while I was still on Facebook. I've since exited from the EVIL FB!! I Don't trust that organization.

IMO, It is very probably a neck from one of Robbin's 'Wood Experiment' guitars from 1988. There were around 8 or 9 according to Robbin...the reverse Firebird on Ebay is also definitely one of them, even if their pricing and facts/detail in the auction are somewhat flawed....i.e. I own the (Dragon Firebird) guitar they use to 'authenticate theirs....anyway I digress..... I can't help it because I've always been fascinated by Robbin & Warren's famous C/J's and all the details surrounding them!

Here are the two Robbin Crosby 'noscaJ' Guitars I own, both bolt-ons and both from Robbin's 1988 'Wood Experiment' batch....and actually the only 2 he ended up touring with, based on the video and photo evidence to support this...and believe me I've done LOTS of research.
                            What pickups are in those V's? The pole slugs look rather 'beefy'.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

i tihnk those are Tom Anderson pickups

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                                i tihnk those are Tom Anderson pickups
                                Yes they are Anderson pickups.

Comment

Working...
                                X