Refinish, butcher or both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refinish, butcher or both

My Coral Sea Warrior isn't selling. Sure as hell ain't gonna give it away to the tirekicking pigs who save the listing to their bullshit watchlists. My Warrior Pro had its bridge pickup butchered to fit a full size humbucker. Now I'm thinking of doing the same with this guitar, only going Mike Davis style on it by having it refinished in yellow too. No idea on cost or timespan yet.
    Butcher pickup bridge route and refinish
    11.11%
    Refinish only
    5.56%
    Butcher only
    8.33%
    Leave it the fuck alone
    75.00%
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Oh no not another Warrior refin project!

Comment

Damn.

I understand that if you're not using it as is and it won't sell then that leaves you with very few options, but I hate to hear about a coral sea get covered over.

That one you've got is one of the good ones for sure. Gorgeous guitar.

Comment

Yeah, I gotta say, it'd be a shame to refin it. I personally really like the finish, but then not enough to buy it. Sorry..
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I would hate to see this guitar refinished and butchered! I really like the slanted pickups on the pro warrior and the coral sea paint is awesome.
          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

I voted both!

If you can't get enough value out of it by selling it, then might as well turn it into something you'll enjoy.

Comment

You left off the option of give it to me. I miss my warrior.

Comment

Leave it the fuck alone!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                  Leave it the fuck alone!!!!
                  This.

BUT it's your guitar...

Comment

Leave it the hell alone I say. I really like the Coral Sea finish and it's a unique guitar in its original form. Then again, probably not everyone's cup of tea thus not the easiest thing to move.

It is a bit of a predicament. And I'm obviously not helping. Bye!

Comment

A guitar like a coral sea warrior is one of those things where you can't flip them fast, but because of the rarity when there is somebody looking for one, you can ask a premium for it. I would hesitate to modify it for the rarity alone.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Simon, that was a killer sounding guitar, and a great looking one, I know. But changing the looks won't affect that great tone, do what you want to make you happy, but I always thought the finish was outstanding, I always got comments when I had it. Best of luck.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I'd say leave it alone.
                          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            A guitar like a coral sea warrior is one of those things where you can't flip them fast, but because of the rarity when there is somebody looking for one, you can ask a premium for it. I would hesitate to modify it for the rarity alone.
                            This. Not everyone is going to like the Coral Sea finish and out of the ones that do, even less will like it enough to buy it. I suppose in your position it's a matter of whether you want to make it more sellable to flip it or whether you just want to make it a nicer guitar for you to play. In each case, i would personally go for the refin (i'm not one of those who like the Coral Sea finish ) but leave the route as it is though, maybe swap in some SD Hotrails instead. Yellow sounds nice but what about Ferrari Red?
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

If I had a Coral Sea painted guitar that wouldn't sell, I'd have it completely redone by Mike Learn...

I am not a fan of Coral Sea, and if changing the paint is gonna make you play it a lot more, go for it.

The guitar has already been butchered, so keeping it original in any other way won't matter to someone who cares...
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X