Mike Shannon Interviewed concerning Rock of Ages guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shannon Interviewed concerning Rock of Ages guitars

Cool interview with the man Mike Shannon relating the tale of the Jackson's chosen for the new Rock of Ages rock-pic:
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Emerald
    http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
    http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
    http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
    http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Just to throw it out there. Was the Kelly available at the time the movie was supposed to be set in? I thought it was later.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The HRF looks killer. That leather and studs...not so much.

Comment

Some of them look pretty cool. Strange to hear the 'era correct' thing and see a string thrus and what looks like recessed trems though LOL
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
          Was the Kelly available at the time the movie was supposed to be set in? I thought it was later.
          Movie is set in 1987. There is a Kelly in the 1984 catalog.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm guessing these movie guitars might have bumped some peoples CS wait times eh?
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I'm guessing these movie guitars might have bumped some peoples CS wait times eh?
              Arg!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                A slight breeze will bump people's CS wait times... don't ya know?
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool Stuff but yet another distraction from customer ordered guitars...
                  Last edited by Dave Rocks; 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

That movie looks terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
                      Cool Stuff but yet another distraction from customer ordered guitars...
                      Well, technically they are customer ordered as well. But they are product placement/advertising from the brand so I'm sure they got some priority.

To bastardize Orwell. "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nice guitars (some of them), still a horrible movie. And is it just me or does Julianne Hough look like she's a lot older than she actually is? Not saying I'm kick her out of bed for eating crackers but...yeesh.

Comment

I couldn't care less about the KE's, but that trans blue Strathead was killer looking.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I dont think I am going to pay $$$ to see the movie, I will wait till it hits HBO. but it is very cool to see Jackson get some main stream exposure. its so common to see fucking strats teles and les pauls in movies all the time. bout time Jackson gets some spotlight.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The movie looks way bland IMHO, I like guitars though.
                              Don't get me started on the cover songs, it's like Glee's version of the 80's...
                              Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X