Help with value of Jackson USA Quilted Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with value of Jackson USA Quilted Archtop Soloist

I've been negotiating with a guy selling a trans green USA Quilted Archtop Soloist. I'd really like to add it to my collection because I own a trans green Soloist SL2H. And although these look a lot alike. They have radically different wood makeup and bridges. I would be purchasing it to keep, NOT to resell. So I'd appreciate all opinions on what a good value of this would be. Also, the case he has sent pictures of is a G&G USA made case. Is this the original case? THANKS FOR ALL HELP WITH THIS!!!!

I don't know what the value would be but it looks sweet. Good luck!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's a buyer's market. If he's in a hurry to sell, you should get a good deal.

Comment

That's a SLATQ-H, only a few hundred made. They generally sell for 1400-1600$.

Comment

He's basically at the high end, wanting $1700 with shipping. That doesn't seem crazy, but I guess I spoiled myself by getting the transgreen SL2H for only $1300.00.

But is the G&G case the original case it came with? And do you think that effects the value? I realize it doesn't matter much because I wouldn't sell it, but I'm trying to figure this all out so I can either make the purchase or tell him I'm not interested. But it seems like $1700 isn't out of the question since I really want it.

This is a picture of my SL2H

Comment

If it's something you really want and you are going to keep it you will forget all about the extra $100 in a month or two. Just saying I paid too much for my kv2t but forget all about that every time I play it.

Comment

Look at it this way. People have been paying over $2k for a 750XL. I own one but I wouldn't pay that much for one.

This is a pretty nice Made in USA Jackson.

Go get it if you really want it.

Comment

The case doesn't really matter. Original or not. $1700 is the higher end of a fair price. It's not a great deal, but it's not a crack pipe price either. If that's exactly what you want, then you need to decide if you're willing to spend $1700 or not, or if you can talk him down a little.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've had the chance to play quite a lot of them (we have quite a few arch top geeks in France) including this exact same model, and I can tell you they do look, play and sound really great. Plus, it seems to have the natural neck finish (well it's a plus for me).
                  BTW, don't forget that the 3/4' thick maple arched top is one of the most expensive options at the CS so 1700$ for a good condition one isn't a bad but not the deal of the year like said before.

Comment

Depending on where he ordered the guitar the G&G could be the original ... who knows? I do know G&G make some nice cases though.

It would make a nice addition to your current SL2H ... considering shipping cost if I had the cash I'd grab it up while its available. A hundred or so bucks isnt worth losing out on it is it?

Comment

Originally posted by stringed View Post
                      A hundred or so bucks isnt worth losing out on it is it?
                      I'd have to agree. I had been waiting 4 years for a White Bengal DK2M. When one came along, I asked "is that your best price" he said "yep" and I said. "OK. What's your paypal address"

Comment

Man that is nice and the price isn't all that out of line IMO.
                        Quote a new one that should make you more than happy to pay $1700.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That is sweet, the only thing it needs are some gold pickup rings and zebra pickups. If you can't talk him down a couple hundred then just go for it anyway.
                          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

WTF with the sticker on the inside of the lower horn??
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              I'd have to agree. I had been waiting 4 years for a White Bengal DK2M. When one came along, I asked "is that your best price" he said "yep" and I said. "OK. What's your paypal address"
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X