No announcement yet.

Help with value of Jackson USA Quilted Archtop Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a bright flash light and getting as close as humanly possible, I can make out 0 3 0 0. But the numbers are spaced out. I'm also curious as to how they could be worn or hard to read. It's not like the 24th fret gets much play and there's definitely nothing there that would suggest someone sanded or purposely wore it down.

It's really beautiful. I have a pretty large collection of guitars and this one is definitely the nicest looking. There's an extremely small crack (not even sure if it would be considered a crack because you can't feel it) from the 21st to 24th fret in the middle, but I can only see it if I am extremely close. I definitely don't regret buying it. It's amazing how nice the body looks.

Comment

Technically the serial number should be after the last fret. It's possible that it just wasn't stamped into the fretboard that hard.

Now put some gold humbucker rings on that fucker!
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Where can I find a pair of gold pickup rings that will work on this archtop?

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        Technically the serial number should be after the last fret. It's possible that it just wasn't stamped into the fretboard that hard.

Now put some gold humbucker rings on that fucker!

Comment

So it was stamped then. It was probably just stamped "lightly". This happens much more often than you would think too. Not a big deal as long as you can make out all the numbers. Make sure you write down the numbers now while you still can. You could still have it restamped by Jackson or an authorized service place if you want.
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by RampantLion View Post
            Where can I find a pair of gold pickup rings that will work on this archtop?
            Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Sweet guitar! You can buy rings from Dave at www.fretsonthenet.com He's a member here by the name of Budman68.

I believe Toe answered that one a few posts earlier!
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Yes, but I contacted him and he said he can do brass, but he doesn't have the capability to do gold. Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
              I believe Toe answered that one a few posts earlier!

Comment

Using a bright flash light and getting as close as humanly possible, I can make out 0 3 0 0. But the numbers are spaced out. I'm also curious as to how they could be worn or hard to read. It's not like the 24th fret gets much play and there's definitely nothing there that would suggest someone sanded or purposely wore it down.

It's really beautiful. I have a pretty large collection of guitars and this one is definitely the nicest looking. There's an extremely small crack (not even sure if it would be considered a crack because you can't feel it) from the 21st to 24th fret in the middle, but I can only see it if I am extremely close. I definitely don't regret buying it. It's amazing how nice the body looks.
                What guitar did you buy? Your pics only show 22 frets, not 24.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Using a bright flash light and getting as close as humanly possible, I can make out 0 3 0 0. But the numbers are spaced out.
                  The serial should start JA and then the numbers; 0300 could be right, but would make it an early SLATQH. The 05 one I have is JA0448. The numbers are a little faint and spaced out on it too, if it's any consolation.

Comment

An imaginary one where I see it with 24 frets!!! hahaha. You know you are enamored with a guitar when you can't even count the frets!

Thanks for your feedback Ken, I appreciate it. This is a really beautiful guitar. It's stealing playing time away from my trans-green Soloist!

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    What guitar did you buy? Your pics only show 22 frets, not 24.

Comment

I've got gold pickup rings on my SLATQH. Got them on ebay years ago. Just be careful - the stock plastic rings on mine were made by DiMarzio, and I couldn't find gold metal rings that were the EXACT same dimensions. The ones I ended up getting were just a little bigger overall, which resulted in the mounting screws going in just a bit off-center. Also, get them with flat bottoms, not arched - although it's an arch-top guitar, the top/center of the guitar body is actually flat.
                      "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

The crack is in the fret board you say?
                        Easy fix but if you don't feel like doing it take it to a good repair guy he can fix it.You don't want the crack to go any farther so get it fixed as soon as you can.
                        Beautiful guitar.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do you think these would work okay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Gold-Pl...item5ad2299862

Originally posted by SweetPete View Post
                          I've got gold pickup rings on my SLATQH. Got them on ebay years ago. Just be careful - the stock plastic rings on mine were made by DiMarzio, and I couldn't find gold metal rings that were the EXACT same dimensions. The ones I ended up getting were just a little bigger overall, which resulted in the mounting screws going in just a bit off-center. Also, get them with flat bottoms, not arched - although it's an arch-top guitar, the top/center of the guitar body is actually flat.

Comment

I will attempt to take a photograph of the split. It's really hard to see and you can't really feel it. If it could be repaired properly and not cost a fortune, it's something I'd definitely want to do.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            The crack is in the fret board you say?
                            Easy fix but if you don't feel like doing it take it to a good repair guy he can fix it.You don't want the crack to go any farther so get it fixed as soon as you can.
                            Beautiful guitar.

Comment

RampantLion,

I would measure the dimensions of your current ones and compare to any you might buy. Another note: it's personal preference, but you might want a bridge pickup ring that's taller than the neck ring. Also, I've bought a few things from GuitarFetish, it's all been great quality.
                              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Do you think these would work okay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Gold-Pl...item5ad2299862
                                make sure you measure your original pick up rings
                                these worked for me ...note they are flat http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Parts...item5d33fb788d
                                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                                X