• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sorta looks like it says 98...

DSC_0189.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      I don't think you can specifically date a guitar just by the logo unless you're comparing trademark vs copyright, and there seems to be at least a couple guitars that throw that rule out as not being perfectly strict.
      Interesting. I had never really noticed the differences in my logos before, but they definitely adhere to certain age = certain logo on mine. But it sounds like that was more luck of the draw than a hard and fast rule. I think I need to buy some more to investigate further

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Interesting. I had never really noticed the differences in my logos before, but they definitely adhere to certain age = certain logo on mine. But it sounds like that was more luck of the draw than a hard and fast rule. I think I need to buy some more to investigate further

Thanks for the info.
        I contributed a bit to Jim Shine's logo page, 6 of those guitars were mine and I provided 8 of those pictures... here's some more info compiled by him:

http://zeus.lunarpages.com/~jimshi2/...kson_logos.htm
        Last edited by xenophobe; 07-06-2012, 05:05 PM.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Very cool, thanks again.

I think what I was noticing was what that page referred to when it said 'by 1997 the pearl logos slightly changed in shape, even on custom shop pieces'.

Comment

I still think our sample size wasn't large enough to make many definitive answers, but it's an interesting subject to chase.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              I still think our sample size wasn't large enough to make many definitive answers, but it's an interesting subject to chase.
              Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                From the Spring of 1990 until about 93/94, the mother of pearl Jackson logo was "dark" and had a less defined sharpness to it than did the one that came after. The mid 90's logo was a "brighter" mother of pearl, and was more sharp in appearance. The modern logo, which had been in use since about 96 or so, is actually larger, the "J" in Jackson is much more pronounced, the mop is bright and sharp. Does that make sense?

But the guys are on to something, was the guitar originally with that graphic, or was it something you had done later?
                Sorry for any confusion, guitar was painted by Dan Lawrence in 1998.
                Original graphic was a woman's face (puzzle design). I have a pic somewhere and will
                try and post. I have middle and neck pickups (both painted by Dan at same time as guitar. Thanks again for all of the information / comments!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Did Dan sign and date the graphic?
                  Do the original singles have the matching paint too?
                  Pulling the neck off would answer more questions.
                  Yes Dan signed and dated (1998), singles have matching paint as well. I have never pulled the neck but may do so this weekend.

Comment

That's still strange to me that someone would paint over an existing graphic to get another. Why not just sell that off and get a guitar that is plain black or something? As for the Jackson logo, I'll post pics up in a few of how to tell the approximate year from it.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      That's still strange to me that someone would paint over an existing graphic to get another. Why not just sell that off and get a guitar that is plain black or something? As for the Jackson logo, I'll post pics up in a few of how to tell the approximate year from it.
                      I'd like to see that Joe. I've been curious about the logos since you brought it up.

I guess that just means that our puzzle graphic guitars are even more rare now, huh Joe? You've still got the warrior, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X