ID and Value on an older model USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID and Value on an older model USA?

A friend of mine has an opportunity to get a nice Jackson USA guitar. He is not particularly interested in it, as it is a bolt-on model. However, he's willing to get it if I make him a good trade offer. I love white guitars, but the lack of binding and sharkies is a bummer for me. I'm hoping it has an ebony fretboard though.

I believe it is a Strat, and the guy who owns it says it is a 1989 and in mint condition, except for the pickups have been replaced with DiMarzios. Serial number is 3177 on a San Dimas stamped plate.

My question is am I right about it being a Strat? Is this one of those "Custom Shop because it was pre-USA Select" models? What's the thing actually worth?

This is not being re-sold, I want to get it as a keeper, but I want to make sure that trading off the only 2 guitars I own will be worth it. Thanks for the help guys!! Sorry for the crappy pic, but it's all I got right now. Trying to get better pics.

Last edited by DalyTek; 07-12-2012, 07:42 PM.
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

I could have sworn I've seen that guitar on ebay.

Sure looks like a Strat body from here.

I'm pretty sure that's a rosewood board, as it looks more brown than black, an rosewood was used a lot suring those times.

I like the way it looks. I just made a Charvel ProMod that is similar. I went with a maple ProMod neck but I have a pointy 275 neck that would really look like that.

Value? Well, it didn't sell on ebay for $900

Comment

Yup, that's definitely it. Under $900? Not worth the trade then.
      What a bummer. Thanks Don.
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
      X