Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KE1 USA Model Questions

Hello everyone.
    I was digging through my guitar closet looking to thin the heard and came across a Jackson KE1 USA model guitar that I purchased from Drum City. This is a unique KE1 as it does not have a Kahler bridge, but is string through. This was at the tail end of the KE1 production run and I was told that Jackson ran out of the Kahler 3300 bridge and for the last 40-50 they decided to go with the ST bridge instead of canceling the last remaining guitars. Does anyone know if this is true or not? This was right before production for the KE1T's went live.

Thanks.
    Heath

Have heard similar stories regarding Kahler and the end of production of the KV1 and KE1. Gary Kahler was apparently getting out of the guitar parts business and wanted to focus on making golf clubs or some crap like that.

Either way, I doubt it adds any notable difference in resale value of those particular KE1s.

Comment

But it still makes interesting fodder / reading material for the eBay ad!

Plus, you mentioned it here first, hopefully belaying any Efraid thread about it!

Shout out to my (barely active) OC peep!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you intend to sell it, try and give the JCF Members a chance at it by posting in the Classifieds section. That is, if you want to.

Comment

Thank you all. I actually do intend to part with it. I'm thinning out my stuff and haven't played in a while. It's a sweet guitar but I have a KE1T that I intend to keep. The KE1's control plate is signed by Marty as well.

Thanks again. You guys were great and I haven't been around in a while.
          Heath

Comment

Here are some pics if anyone in curious. I just pulled it out of the case today. It's been sitting in the mammoth case for a while so needs a good cleaning and restringing. But it's in gorgeous condition when it's cleaned up.

http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/IMG_1130.JPG
            http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/IMG_1131.JPG
            http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/IMG_1132.JPG
            http://www.ghostlandmedia.com/temp/IMG_1133.JPG

Thanks for the help.
            Heath

Comment

Amazing guitar...Post it on the Classifieds!!!!!...

Comment

Thank you for the comments. I'm going to clean it up tonight and get the dust off of it and take some real pictures of it. Those really don't do it justice. The guitar is amazing and in excellent shape. Might be looking for a dual humbucker soloist, but not sure. I have a plan to have something custom painted and looking around for the right one.

Thanks again.
                Heath

Comment

Looks nice.

Is it just me, or does the Jackson logo look smaller than usual?

Comment

Badass. These are one of the few Jackson models that have the volume knob the hell outta the way. There was briefly a KE2T model as well that was very close to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
                      Looks nice.

Definitely looks smaller than the norm.

Also, did the Marty guitars all have just 'U.S.A.' instead of 'MADE IN U.S.A.' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whoopu2 View Post
                        Looks nice.

They did use this smaller logo. I thought I read somewhere that it started on artist guitars or something.

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                        Definitely looks smaller than the norm.

Also, did the Marty guitars all have just 'U.S.A.' instead of 'MADE IN U.S.A.' ?
                        I own one of Marty's actual Kellys and its logo is like this as well:

I also own one of Jack Frost's Kellys. Same logo:
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Badass. These are one of the few Jackson models that have the volume knob the hell outta the way. There was briefly a KE2T model as well that was very close to this.
                          Back in the good old days when Celeste would look up and send us copies of Jackson's work orders I was able to get a copy of the Marty Kelly I own. This Kelly is from the Cryptic Writings Megadeth era. On the work order in the area for "Controls" it stated something like "Per Marty". Here is the guitar, the control is pretty far away:
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                            I own one of Marty's actual Kellys and its logo is like this as well:

I also own one of Jack Frost's Kellys. Same logo:
                            Very cool. Hadn't seen that logo before with just USA, but I've never seen any Marty guitars or close up pics of the headstocks either.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                            X