No announcement yet.

KE1 USA Model Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There aren't that many Kellys on ebay because the Kelly is one of the least popular body shapes offered by Jackson. It takes a special type of person to buy a Kelly.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Put it on ebay with no reserve. Whatever it gets bid up to, that's the going price. Or just click the Platinum membership at the top of this forum and you can offer it here in the Classifieds.
      Why would he do that when he's already got all the interest for it from this thread, which is basically a For Sale ad?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        Why would he do that when he's already got all the interest for it from this thread, which is basically a For Sale ad?
        Sorry. It was not my intent to turn this into a for sale ad and circumvent the classfieds here. I was just looking to find out a little more about this guitar *SHOULD* I decide to sell it. It's a rare guitar that I've not seen another one of, so just looking for guidance is all. I have another question posted in the Charvel Import section as well. Definitely not looking to shortcut anything.
        Heath

Comment

must be nice to pull forgotten kick axe guitars out of the closet. "oh yeah, I forgot I had that CS ke1,Jit thats cool"
          Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Realistically I would guess that current fair market value would put it between 1300-1750$, sigs don't really help the overall value unless you're selling it to a fanboy(PS - I've owned a Marty signed sig model, so I'm not giving you a hard time).

edit ~ IMHO string thru and flat paint will keep it in the lower end of that spectrum.
            Last edited by Jayster; 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM.
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Thank you for the reply. That puts it in perspective for me. I'll probably trade out the control plate on my KE1T as I'll never get rid of that one and if I someday get a really good offer on the KE1, the sig won't get in the way.

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              Realistically I would guess that current fair market value would put it between 1300-1750$, sigs don't really help the overall value unless you're selling it to a fanboy(PS - I've owned a Marty signed sig model, so I'm not giving you a hard time).

edit ~ IMHO string thru and flat paint will keep it in the lower end of that spectrum.
              Heath

Comment

Welcome New Platinum member!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thank you. Wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules and supporting a pretty awesome community.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Welcome New Platinum member!
                  Heath

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was shortened to make room for Marty's signature.
                    why do you always have to spoil the party with logic Axey?
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Carcaridon View Post
                      Thank you for the reply.
                      You're welcome .... Cheers!
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        There aren't that many Kellys on ebay because the Kelly is one of the least popular body shapes offered by Jackson. It takes a special type of person to buy a Kelly.
                        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          That special person being Marty Friedman, whom probably puts everyone here to shame.

Comment

Working...
                          X