Pc1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc1

Here is my Mocha PC1 with Suhr Aldrich Pickup. If I could just play as good as it looks.

beautiful quilt top....

Comment

Nice looking top! Congrats.

Comment

Very nice! The zebra pup works well, too.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats a very nice PC1... congrats!

Comment

sweet
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Beautiful, congrats! I've just bought an old PC-1 off ebay a couple of days ago and still waiting for it to arrive, it's also Mocha but with the 2-knob control layout, actually that's gonna be my first ever made in USA Jackson :-) How does the neck compare to a MIJ RR24M in terms of meatiness? (My last Jackson was a '09 RR24M which I loved.)
              Last edited by denii; 10-29-2012, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by denii View Post
                Beautiful, congrats! I've just bought an old PC-1 off ebay a couple of days ago and still waiting for it to arrive, it's also Mocha but with the 2-knob control layout, actually that's gonna be my first ever made in USA Jackson :-) How does the neck compare to a MIJ RR24M in terms of meatiness? (My last Jackson was a '09 RR24M which I loved.)
                It's a baseball bat... nice and meaty.
                If yours has the two knob layout, it's an early one. Post the year if you get a chance as it may be Koa instead of Mahogany,
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  It's a baseball bat... nice and meaty.
                  If yours has the two knob layout, it's an early one. Post the year if you get a chance as it may be Koa instead of Mahogany,
                  Thx for the info, I tend to like thicker necks, so that PC-1 seems to be the real thing for me As soon as I get my hands on the guitar, I'll check the year of manufacture and post it. In which years were they made of koa?

I've got this pic, but cannot see the serial well, I guess it's either 004003, 004093 or 004693, which means it was built around 1997-98.

Last edited by denii; 10-29-2012, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by denii View Post
                    Thx for the info, I tend to like thicker necks, so that PC-1 seems to be the real thing for me As soon as I get my hands on the guitar, I'll check the year of manufacture and post it. In which years were they made of koa?

I've got this pic, but cannot see the serial well, I guess it's either 004003, 004093 or 004693, which means it was built around 1997-98.

If it was built in 97, it's a very good chance the body is Koa. They switched to Mahogany towards the end of 1997.
                    -Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X