Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Zodiac Series Limited Run

Just saw these on the Jackson website:

http://jacksonguitars.com/en-CY/products/index.php?series=Custom+Shop+Extreme+Zodiac+Series &section=guitars
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Those have been for sale for quite a while at Fuller's. Amazing guitars, too bad they all have a girl´s face in them which in my opinion is a turn off.
    Last edited by JCB RR1; 08-27-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Yuck.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good idea, apart from the single Shark tooth inlay, which just doesn't work at all.
        I love that Scorpio is an extreme warrior, although I think Astrology is a bunch of bullshit. I could still go for it but the single shark tooth is a instant deal-breaker.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

^ I agree.

:idea:That would be cool to do a chinese astrology run. Maybe make the astrology characters a little more sinister or evil looking and have sharkfins in all the regular positions. Maybe go with a red theme and make the sharkfins red using coral or some cool looking rock/mineral with ebony fretboard.

...but, what the hell do I know about making guitars
          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

They're gonna sell a ton of these!!

I mean, I'm a gemini, and I would love to plunk down $3k for that abortion with my starsign on it

Ofcourse I can't get that graphic on the Extreme Warrior, which' bodyshape I do like, but marvelous marketing nonetheless *applauds*

Oh, and it seems those with CS orders are again gonna have to be put behind this production run ofcourse, what's an extra month or 2 on a 2 year wait?
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Meh maybe a 12 year old would think those are cool.
              Nothing wrong with a girls face unless you think that is too ghey for you.The art work is pretty good I like that part, the body shapes I don't like.
              I just don't understand why they keep offering those extreme shapes I don't see any one playing them live.
              Last edited by straycat; 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The thing 'bout the girl's face is just wrong IMO because of the shapes of the guitars, I mean, extreme shapes with girls smelling flowers don't seem to blend. I like the extreme shapes, some more than others and the art work is very good, specially the all white configuration. I like the concept of a theme serial run, but the zodiac extreme girly BS seems out of place.

Comment

I like most of those body shapes. I think the graphics are horrible. And yeah, the single sharktooth is a deal breaker too.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I like most of the body shapes too. The graphics seem to vary in quality quite a bit. Mine (gemini) is one of the worst. I've been looking for an extreme warrior for a long time, and the only one I can find for sale has the wrong star sign (I don't believe in that stuff, but still...). I also think the overall theme and color scheme doesn't fit with the 'extreme' thing. The single sharktooth doesn't bother me either way.
                    My other signature says something funny

Comment

I'm with straycat - the graphics are OK (I definitely like the mix of b&w with colour), but the shapes generally suck all kinds of ass. The 'kelly' is the best of a pisspoor bunch though.
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

You guys suck, I like em!

EDIT:

They would be better on the traditional Warrior and Kelly bodies though.
                        Last edited by Whoopu2; 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Meh
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

These would look cooler if the whole guitar was that white marble looking background they used. ( I realize it's supposed to be bed sheets around the tattooed girls, but my mind sees marble. ) That part of it is very cool and organic looking. The zodiac art, while well technically executed just doesn't do anything for me. To tie it stronger to the zodiac symbols it would have been good to simplify it and make it like the zodiac symbol was chiseled into the marble look stuff.

But art is subjective, somebody will probably love them.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              I just don't understand why they keep offering those extreme shapes I don't see any one playing them live.
                              You don't see anyone playing them live probably because they're Custom Shop only and therefore, not all that common.

I think they're kinda cool. The elegant artwork contrasts with the extreme shapes and it's nice to see Jackson trying something different. I think it would have made more sense to have the zodiac sign of each guitar at the 12th fret instead of just a sharkfin.
                              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                              X