Is is too soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is is too soon...

...to expect any work to be done on my cs order?

It was finalized & submitted in April of this year, so I guess it's not likely they'll have done much past look at the order sheet, if that.
    I am an impatient fucker.

All the post's I've seen on here claim a year and a half to 2 to get one. For the money they fetch impatience is a given. Good luck.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
      All the post's I've seen on here claim a year and a half to 2 to get one. For the money they fetch impatience is a given. Good luck.

Yeah, I know. 2 yrs was the quote Matt gave me. But you're right; for that kinda dough, impatience is almost unavoidable. Sad really, I ordered a custom shredder from Hamer and FMIC has the Hamer CO shop committed to building Guilds and squeezing in custom orders when they can. And yet, they are gonna deliver in just under one year.
      Hopefully, that'll tide me over until the CS Star arrives 16 months later... but not likely.

Comment

This is why I simply won't order a CS guitar from Jackson.
        2 years to build a guitar is insane.

Hire more people Jackson.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

We're beating a dead horse, man. It is what it is. I agree with you about it taking too f-ing long but I didn't start this thread to rehash that.

Truthfully, I'd be more interested in hearing from anyone who has put in a CS order in the last 2 years or so and has gotten PHOTOS of their build in progress.
          I got one lousy pic when Charvel CS made me a Star. It was to get confirmation on a change in the battery compartment location. Zzzzzzz.

If they won't hire more help for CS, then hire a schlub to walk around with a half decent digital cam and take some shots of builds in progress. I mean, throw me a friggin' bone here...
          Last edited by vector; 09-10-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

They should hire interns to take pictures of CS guitars! And nothing boosts morale like having lowly interns to mess with! They could make it unpaid internship for those who want to gain experience. Even better!

Comment

What I've noticed is that the complexity of the build dictates how many progress pictures you get. Most people order 'run of the mill' type orders, so there's usually no need for more than one.

Then again, I don't see why people spend that kind of money and order a simple wood or configuration change or just a custom color. When I think custom, I want every spec to be my own and I want my creation to truly be one of a kind.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                They should hire interns to take pictures of CS guitars! And nothing boosts morale like having lowly interns to mess with! They could make it unpaid internship for those who want to gain experience. Even better!
                Hahahaha! An unpaid intern would definitely find a way to even screw that​ up.

Comment

Very true. When they have access to a computer, interns are very susceptible to watching youtube all day. I'm talking from personal experience here.

Comment

While the real full-time employees spend their days browsing JCF and working on their chops with a Shredneck... Ah the life of a musician turned office rat.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                      What I've noticed is that the complexity of the build dictates how many progress pictures you get. Most people order 'run of the mill' type orders, so there's usually no need for more than one.

Then again, I don't see why people spend that kind of money and order a simple wood or configuration change or just a custom color. When I think custom, I want every spec to be my own and I want my creation to truly be one of a kind.
                      I agree, to a point. Sadly, some specs CS can't/won't do and if you already have a profound love of pre-existing specs, i.e. body shape, tone wood, p'up config, etc. then it may have been done before but they're still YOUR specs. My order certainly isn't anything radical or groundbreaking but they are all MY specs to the extent that CS will do them. With that being said, guess I shouldn't expect a tsunami of photos to be taken, sent.

Comment

I ordered my CS warrior in March and i haven't heard anything, not that I'm expecting to. I was given a production time of 16 months, so I'm not even half way

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

I'm willing to finish school ,go to america and learn how to build jackson guitars

Comment

do they let you pay on a monthly basis...shit itd be like buying a few sets of strings a month and itd be paid for with the amount of time these bastards take lol
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                              do they let you pay on a monthly basis...shit itd be like buying a few sets of strings a month and itd be paid for with the amount of time these bastards take lol
                              Not a bad idea. I assume by "bastards" you're referring to FMIC in general and not the guys who are building their asses off, trying to keep up with demand without additional help? Just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                              X