No announcement yet.

Is is too soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it that slow because of demand or rather the Jackson folks are being multi-tasked working on other FMIC brands? I remember not so long ago somebody saying the custom shop was doing almost nothing and indeed the Jackson builders were helping with other FMIC brands. Considering how few custom builds get posted on here, I'd wonder if it's still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
      Is it that slow because of demand or rather the Jackson folks are being multi-tasked working on other FMIC brands? I remember not so long ago somebody saying the custom shop was doing almost nothing and indeed the Jackson builders were helping with other FMIC brands. Considering how few custom builds get posted on here, I'd wonder if it's still the same.
      Dunno but I suspect it's both. I know for fact that FMIC owned Hamer's CT. shop is doing double duty trying to squeeze custom orders in between their daily Guild work. They, like Jackson and Charvel, also have a dwindling volume of CS orders, but it's still a ridiculous way to keep a division viable and thriving by having build times at 1- 2 years.

Comment

you know what I think after all these things I've seen here:Jackson-Charvel needs an owner.change of plans I don't want to be a guitar maker any more , I'm gonna be Jackson guitars ownerEither that or get Mustaine buy the company for god's shake(oops I don't believe in god).....and then maybe a good laywer so that we can keep some beautiful things, such as the strathead and other stuff(of course its about Charvel ,Jackson MUST go pointy)
        Now talking seriously Jackson-Charvel really needs an owner

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
          you know what I think after all these things I've seen here:Jackson-Charvel needs an owner.change of plans I don't want to be a guitar maker any more , I'm gonna be Jackson guitars ownerEither that or get Mustaine buy the company for god's shake(oops I don't believe in god).....and then maybe a good laywer so that we can keep some beautiful things, such as the strathead and other stuff(of course its about Charvel ,Jackson MUST go pointy)

Now talking seriously Jackson-Charvel really needs an owner
          This is contingent on FMIC actually wanting to give up the J/C brands. I suspect they make a decent amount of cash off of those brands.

Comment

Originally posted by vector View Post
            Yeah, I know. 2 yrs was the quote Matt gave me. But you're right; for that kinda dough, impatience is almost unavoidable. Sad really, I ordered a custom shredder from Hamer and FMIC has the Hamer CO shop committed to building Guilds and squeezing in custom orders when they can. And yet, they are gonna deliver in just under one year.
            Hopefully, that'll tide me over until the CS Star arrives 16 months later... but not likely.

could you PM me some details about how you did this - what dealer, etc? i was under the impression that hamer would no longer do shredder guitars...

thanks!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

This is contingent on FMIC actually wanting to give up the J/C brands. I suspect they make a decent amount of cash off of those brands.
              fucking contracts

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                could you PM me some details about how you did this - what dealer, etc? i was under the impression that hamer would no longer do shredder guitars...

thanks!
                It seams to have changed alot there. Hamer seams to be making more CS stuff that regular production guitars now. I heard they will do a 1 Hum Chap Custom with my specs, so I am going too look into that. It is going to have to be exact though or I won`t go with it.

Comment

its not too soon Vector, I contacted the custom shop for you today and they sent me a pic of the progress of your new guitar. here it is!!!

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                      its not too soon Vector, I contacted the custom shop for you today and they sent me a pic of the progress of your new guitar. here it is!!!

Mighty decent of you, tone. But you're not quite hitting the mark- my timber is the shit pine sitting uncovered, outside where the rain, sun and boring insects can properly condition it.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        It seams to have changed alot there. Hamer seams to be making more CS stuff that regular production guitars now. I heard they will do a 1 Hum Chap Custom with my specs, so I am going too look into that. It is going to have to be exact though or I won`t go with it.
                        Hamer IS doing custom orders and while they are reviving certain body shapes that have been unavailable in the last 10- 15 years, they do have their limitations. Not unlike Jackson CS and not being able to get a strat head on a custom order (unless it's a PC model) or Chavel CS not doing neck thru's at this time.

Comment

Mighty decent of you, tone. But you're not quite hitting the mark- my timber is the shit pine sitting uncovered, outside where the rain, sun and boring insects can properly condition it.
                          Actually your tonewood is the stuff sitting in the dumpster behind the faux French furniture factory. It's the dumpster where Fred the homeless bum sleeps behind. Now dont get the wrong idea like its poor quality because of how it sounds. Fred is quality control. He only keeps the finest woods and burns the rest to keep warm and warm the food scraps he finds in the dumpster behind TGI Fridays. (he loves wing scraps). Anyway Fred saves the finest woods. The wood is as you said tempered in the weather and occasionally Fred's urine if he finds a bottle of booze and gets drunk and don't watch where he is peeing. It's quality you can't find just anywhere.

Comment

The wood is as you said tempered in the weather and occasionally Fred's urine if he finds a bottle of booze and gets drunk and don't watch where he is peeing. It's quality you can't find just anywhere.
                            Isn't this, in fact, what actually gives Jackson that trademark 'throaty' sound? Bum pee.

Comment

Actually your tonewood is the stuff sitting in the dumpster behind the faux French furniture factory. It's the dumpster where Fred the homeless bum sleeps behind. Now dont get the wrong idea like its poor quality because of how it sounds. Fred is quality control. He only keeps the finest woods and burns the rest to keep warm and warm the food scraps he finds in the dumpster behind TGI Fridays. (he loves wing scraps). Anyway Fred saves the finest woods. The wood is as you said tempered in the weather and occasionally Fred's urine if he finds a bottle of booze and gets drunk and don't watch where he is peeing. It's quality you can't find just anywhere.
                              Outstanding. And let us not forget the vomit treatment. After ol' QC Fred has had a 5th of Ripple, he adds a secret ingredient that helps to cure the wood to have amazing tonal characteristics. Yup. Ol Fred has become such a sought after commodity that Gibson is reportedly trying to import him to their factory where he will get even more Ripple and a posh cardboard box lined with tone wood for Custom Shop Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                                Isn't this, in fact, what actually gives Jackson that trademark 'throaty' sound? Bum pee.
                                Well part of it. The other part comes from the stray dogs and alley cats that pee on the wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X