No announcement yet.

Is is too soon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing that Fender is prepping to make a public listing, doubt they'll be selling off J/C anytime soon. As already mentioned, it generates revenue, so why ditch it? The X-series Indian specials seem to be selling well along with PRC-made Desolations, and as for USA models and CS orders, they won't have a shortage of work anytime soon. So just sit tight, play your others and anticipate the arrival - I mean you wouldn't rush the wife with the bun in the oven, would'ya?
    "Hey man, it's better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool!"

My Jacksons/Charvels:
    '91 Jackson® (MIJ) Professional Limited Edition Phil Collen Sig Archtop in Black
    '91 Jackson® USA Kelly KE-1F (FLOYD!)
    '89 Jackson® USA Phil Collen Archtop in White (KAHLER!)
    '88 Jackson® USA Granite Strat

Comment

Originally posted by beardy View Post
      Seeing that Fender is prepping to make a public listing, doubt they'll be selling off J/C anytime soon. As already mentioned, it generates revenue, so why ditch it? The X-series Indian specials seem to be selling well along with PRC-made Desolations, and as for USA models and CS orders, they won't have a shortage of work anytime soon. So just sit tight, play your others and anticipate the arrival - I mean you wouldn't rush the wife with the bun in the oven, would'ya?
      Fender isn't going public: http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post...c-22a74862b9e7
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I damned near pulled the plug on this guitar. Number of factors came into play, high among them was the fucking insane wait time. Also was feeling a bit disenchanted, disillusioned with my guitar playing and decided that A) I didn't rate owning a 2nd custom Star, B) there were other musical items I actually needed. Floor wedges, an Fractal Axe FX II, replacement Floyds, etc. Luckily, Matt and my band's other guitarist talked me off the ledge.
        I'm still irked about the wait time but perhaps this will allow for me to woodshed and get my playing back up to a level worthy of a 2nd CS Star-

Comment

Hamer will still build whatever.. it was Jol who was refusing to take the order for the shredders.. typical chip on his shoulder.. I was will Hamer for 9 years.. and almost everything that backlashed against them was by Jol's hands alone.. for what ever reason he has always wanted to distance himself from the "shred years".. like he's embarrassed by that part of the company's history.. the Hamer guys are still up in CT and they're building upper end Guilds and even a few Gretsch, etc.. they really only work on Hamer orders on the weekends and downtime as evidently they're really cranking out a ton of uber high end Guild stuff.
          DiMarzio Endorsee
          www.dimarzio.com
          Morley Endorsee
          www.morley.com
          "Intelli-Shred" author
          www.myspace.com/intellishred
          NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by KevinDguitar View Post
            Hamer will still build whatever.. it was Jol who was refusing to take the order for the shredders.. typical chip on his shoulder.. I was will Hamer for 9 years.. and almost everything that backlashed against them was by Jol's hands alone.. for what ever reason he has always wanted to distance himself from the "shred years".. like he's embarrassed by that part of the company's history.. the Hamer guys are still up in CT and they're building upper end Guilds and even a few Gretsch, etc.. they really only work on Hamer orders on the weekends and downtime as evidently they're really cranking out a ton of uber high end Guild stuff.
            Hey Kev- I'm over on the HFC (diablo175) as well and got a couple of your Intelli-shred books. Good to bump into you. It's because Hamer is back to making custom order shredders again that I pulled the trigger on a set neck Cali with 2 humbuckers. It's a shame that Jackson CS can't get their custom builds out in the year's time that Hamer is taking. As you pointed out, the Hamer guys are squeezing it in during their weekends/spare time.

Comment

I always loved Hamers style. My best friend had a snakeskin Hamer, he died in 97, but i have the guitar. It got stepped on and the headstock got broken off at a party. His dad tried to repair it but it wasn't clean break at all, very splintery. But it did still play after that i think. I still have it in a box somewhere. I played it every time i was at his house, and once he got his 540p it was basically mine when i was over there. I always craved one of the 27 fretters, whichever name that style was given, i don't remember if it was a Diablo or Californian.. Awesome that they are making customs though, they were on my short list when i was thinking on getting a custom, but thought they were long out of the shredder business.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                I always loved Hamers style. My best friend had a snakeskin Hamer, he died in 97, but i have the guitar. It got stepped on and the headstock got broken off at a party. His dad tried to repair it but it wasn't clean break at all, very splintery. But it did still play after that i think. I still have it in a box somewhere. I played it every time i was at his house, and once he got his 540p it was basically mine when i was over there. I always craved one of the 27 fretters, whichever name that style was given, i don't remember if it was a Diablo or Californian.. Awesome that they are making customs though, they were on my short list when i was thinking on getting a custom, but thought they were long out of the shredder business.
                Trem, the Cali I'm getting is their 27 fret model. I own 3 at this time, and will have 4, once the custom order set neck comes in. I'd call it their answer to Jackson's Soloist, save for the fact that it's bolt on.

Comment

Working...
                X